Analog sound = no 1080p playback, Digital sound = some play too fast
ok after reading throught forums for the past 2 weeks and trying to get rid of stutter in HD 1080p content, i randomly fixed it somehow by following this

http://marshalleq.wordpress.com/2009/08/...-playback/

guide halfway through. i stopped at (Upgrade XBMC Live 9.04.1 to latest stable (Currently 9.04.2)) cause i couldnt Get a specific SVN version.

neway so i can play all hd content and it looks fine. happy days.
my problem now it that some files mostly .avi's will play back at 27 fps or 28 even 29 when its a 25 fps encode. i know what is causing this speed up. its the audio.

my setup is a
acer aspire revo atom-230, 2g-ram, ion graphics,
XBMC Live with
Linux 2.6.28-11generic #42-ubuntu SMP fri apr 17 01:57
XBMC Build 9.04.1 R20654

Video setup > render method = VDPAU
adjust refresh rate = ON

Audio setup > Audio output = DIGITAL
Audio output device = HDMI
passthrough output device = HDMI
Downmix = ON

if i change to analog sound the video files will play fine at 25 fps without speed up, but wont play 1080p content, the fps in panning scenes will drop to 13 fps. but if i stick with Digital sound then some files with play at 27 fps or 28 fps.

as far as i can tell i think this below has something to do with it but im not sure?

(What about audio?
Audio has to stay in sync, this can either be done by resampling, skipping/duplicating packets, or adjusting the clock if it gets out of sync too far.

Resampling has the advantage that the speed of the video can be changed considerably, so 24 fps can be sped up to 25 fps to play at PAL speed.
The disadvantage of resampling is that it doesn’t work with passthrough, and there is a slight loss of audio quality.

Skipping/duplicating audiopackets has no loss of audio quality, but the speed of the video can only be changed a little to avoid doing a skip/duplication too often, most of the time it’s inaudible, but it can produce a very audible click.

Adjusting the clock has the best audioquality, but some extra video jitter can occur, also the speed of the video can’t change much, as the audio will sync the clock more often the more the speed of the video is changed.)

Any thoughts??
some help would be much appreciated
Please post a logfile on pastebin: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Log_file
Just curious about this because I think my problem is similar. I'm running the same hardware and audio/video configuration as dahuey.

DVD iso's and vob play fine, but mp3 and videos in wmv, avi, and flv played way too fast. I added an audio resample setting to 48000 in advancedsettings.xml which solved the mp3 problem, but the video's still don't play right. So far I haven't found the solution to that.
I think the best way to get mp3 to play in correct speed is to change hdmi => plug:hdmi.
here is my log file from playing a 25fps file with analog audio and no speedups in the FPS

http://pastebin.ca/1677702

here is a log file of the same video using digital audio with passthrough and a speedup to about 27fps

http://pastebin.ca/1677712
I too have the exact same hardware and OS configuration...and the same problem. If I go into audio properties and change the default from hdmi to plug:hdmi the sound slows back down to the correct level, but the video content is no longer displayed in 1080.

The file I'm watching is legit, I can view it in Winamp on my PC with no problems. It should be running at 25fps, but on my XBMC it runs at 27fps. MP3 encoded audio.
vikjon0 Wrote:I think the best way to get mp3 to play in correct speed is to change hdmi => plug:hdmi.

Which of these two values do you recommend changing, or do I change both?

Audio output device = HDMI
passthrough output device = HDMI

Thanks!
FreeMan
I changed both and it seems to be working just fine now.

Thanks!!
FreeMan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Analog sound = no 1080p playback, Digital sound = some play too fast0