[WINDOWS] multiple resolutions
hi i tried alpha 1 of the new xbmc the other week and noticed the only resolution i could select in xbmc was my desktop resolution, currently i am using the last final release, i think that is babylon?

im not too bothered what happens because if xbmc dont go back to letting you select other resolutions than just the desktop resolution i will stick with babylon

currently my desktop is 1280 x 768 and xbmc is 1920 x 1080

i hope you all understand me, and i also hope this feature is put back in xbmc so i can update xbmc:p
i love xbmc
Alpha 2 is out .. Please try that and post full debug log ..
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Your only choice is sticking with Babylon or changing your desktop res to 1920x1080.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Your only choice is sticking with Babylon or changing your desktop res to 1920x1080.

will have to stick with babylon, if i change desktop to 1920 x 1080 everything will be tiny

why cant the resolution select go back to how it used to be?Sad
i love xbmc
Wouldn't be a good idea to add an advanced setting where we can add a list of resolutions to choose from? For projector/big TV users I think is a must at least to be able to choose between 720 and 1080 res.
Windows can quite happily scale icons and fonts up should that be what you require, right?

For the vast majority of users, the native resolution of the attached screen is all they ever care about.

I do understand that a small number of users may wish to force a resolution even if it's not the one they should be using. For these users, after Camelot, I'll be revisiting this.

I see little point in hacking in a half-arsed effort (eg like we used to have - yuck) for Camelot, however.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

nice to hear you will look at putting it back

i would even pay to have this feature back just so i can update xbmc because i think i would like to update one day

the native resolution of my tv though is 1920 x 1080 (1080p) but if i have that resolution i cant see anything, if i choose to make icons and everything else large on the desktop when i open xbmc, xbmc will be zoomed in by about 40% by the looks of it, so my only option is to have a desktop resolution like 1280 x 768 so i seriously hope the resolution thing returns to xbmc in the next build or the build after that, or one day

thank you

by the way i dont think there is anything wrong with the resolution select thing in the xbmc i use so i think you could just add back the resolution select thing from the xbmc i use:p
i love xbmc
If XBMC scales with the windows thing, it means we're not configuring the project correctly. This should be easy enough to fix I think - I'll look into it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

confused, but thank youSmile
i love xbmc
r24734 contains a potential fix for this. I'd be most grateful if someone with Vista or Windows 7 would try it out and tell me whether it works.

Cheers,
Jonathan

has anyone tried it out yet?
i love xbmc
:confused2:
i love xbmc
It's in Beta1, so go try it yourself Smile

are you sure this feature is in beta 1?

i have just installed it on my laptop before i install it on the computer, the only resolution i can select in beta 1 is window and my desktop resolution, so only 2 options
i love xbmc
sarahandkevin Wrote:are you sure this feature is in beta 1?

i have just installed it on my laptop before i install it on the computer, the only resolution i can select in beta 1 is window and my desktop resolution, so only 2 options
What jmarshall was referring to is a fix for the error of XBMC scaling when larger icons/fonts are selected at the desktop level in windows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] multiple resolutions0