[WINDOWS] multiple resolutions
jmarshall Wrote:The feature was removed as 99.9% of people do not need it and do not care about it.

Just for the record, I do need that feature too.

Anyway I guess we are still in the remaining 0.1% Sad

Thanks,

ElFantasma
ashlar Wrote:Maybe it would help if you could outline here what steps would need to be taken. Maybe somebody capable, willing and with some time to spend could look into it.

Just trying to find a constructive way out of this, as mentioned I've got no use for this personally but I sympathize with people that have seen something working taken away from them (even if it's free, etc. Smile).

And yes, I know that they can stay with the version they're currently using, but in the long run that would become less and less viable.

Cheers! Smile

great post
i love xbmc
jmarshall what kind of feature are you looking to add if you had the time? same kind of thing as before?

or would it be something so if you play 1080p it changes resolution to correct resolution and if you play 720p it changes resolution to correct resolution

or would it just be same as before but with whatever changes you need to do to it?
i love xbmc
where did that other thing go? where some person with a red name posted links in posts to some applications to change screen resolution

hope it has not been deleted but that is what it looks like
i love xbmc
put down your tinfoil hat. i'm sure they just were moved since they are off topic here.
as it is over a month since anything has been mentioned about including this in future releases of xbmc

any new updates?
i love xbmc
kevcampbell Wrote:as it is over a month since anything has been mentioned about including this in future releases of xbmc

any new updates?

no, i haven't found anything new Sad
but i don't care so much, i haven't found any new feature of worth for me so i stay with my old babylon 22516 Smile
I'm also in the small percentage of people this is affecting - I'd have thought this would have affected more people. Surely if you're using xbmc on your lcd tv in the lounge (like me) it's going to be an issue? I'm on Windows 7 and for internet explorer/Outlook etc. to show clearly on the screen so you can read it from lounging on the sofa the resolution has to be on a maximum of 1360x768 (which to be honest I still struggle with on this 37" screen even with fonts set at largest). All my PC games I have installed have the option of chosing which resolution to open in so it's only xbmc that is causing problems at the moment. If anyone out there is capable of even sorting out a dirty patch that'll do me! btw XBMC still rules, I flirted with Mediaportal recently just so I could have live TV integrated but soon came back. The good old xboxes around the house are still working like a charm too - keep up the great work everyone.
Well, I'm convinced its many more who needs this feature than the Xbmc Team think.
Jmarschal says its thousands of downloads, and its only we who is in this thread who complain.
- I alone have easily downloaded Xbmc over 30 times.
- Its very few people who actually takes the time and energy to report a bug or to suggest a feature. More likley they uninstall and try some other software, because its easier than ex. joining a forum, start a thread and so on.
A friend of mine who works on a radio station said once that if one listener calls in and wish a song, then its 1000 more who wants it.

For myself i need this feature because:
- My TV cant handle "non standard" signals correct. So the video does not display correct.
This is My Big issue!
- Windows 7 isnt very good to scale up, many webpages and programs gets missplaced text etc, so its not a good solution to increase desktop resolution.
- As i se it, Why use anything else than standard video resolutions? Like any mediabox (tvix, popcorn etc)
720p & 1080p should do it i think.

Well, I dont have a big hope to ever se this feature again, but i felt a need to try explain why this is so important for many people.
When my babylon gets to old to be usable i must switch to another mediacenter.
If Xbmc cant display correct video signals, I have no use for it.
Sad
PsychoCheF Wrote:Well, I'm convinced its many more who needs this feature than the Xbmc Team think.
Jmarschal says its thousands of downloads, and its only we who is in this thread who complain.
- I alone have easily downloaded Xbmc over 30 times.
- Its very few people who actually takes the time and energy to report a bug or to suggest a feature. More likley they uninstall and try some other software, because its easier than ex. joining a forum, start a thread and so on.
A friend of mine who works on a radio station said once that if one listener calls in and wish a song, then its 1000 more who wants it.

For myself i need this feature because:
- My TV cant handle "non standard" signals correct. So the video does not display correct.
This is My Big issue!
- Windows 7 isnt very good to scale up, many webpages and programs gets missplaced text etc, so its not a good solution to increase desktop resolution.
- As i se it, Why use anything else than standard video resolutions? Like any mediabox (tvix, popcorn etc)
720p & 1080p should do it i think.

Well, I dont have a big hope to ever se this feature again, but i felt a need to try explain why this is so important for many people.
When my babylon gets to old to be usable i must switch to another mediacenter.
If Xbmc cant display correct video signals, I have no use for it.
Sad

XBMC is a volunteer effort. Because it's a volunteer effort volunteers can work on pretty much whatever they want to.

If you really feel this feature is important, volunteer to program it or find someone who can.

Leaving for another software won't hurt anyone's feelings here. Huh
Or just pay attention to the changelog up on trac...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

TugboatBill Wrote:XBMC is a volunteer effort. Because it's a volunteer effort volunteers can work on pretty much whatever they want to.

If you really feel this feature is important, volunteer to program it or find someone who can.

Leaving for another software won't hurt anyone's feelings here. Huh

Well I'm well aware of it's a volunteer project, but still I can say my opinion.
I wish I had some programming skills to deal with this myself, but i can't so i have donated to the project instead, how do you help the project?

jmarshall Wrote:Or just pay attention to the changelog up on trac...

Do you mean this one? http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9338
The latest svn i tested was 31660, and there it was no differ than earlier.
31168 as mentioned in the ticket i cant find to download anywhere.

Do i miss a setting somewhere? Please explain to me like I'm a 2 year old.

Now i'm downloading the latest i could find, 31755, hope this works better.

EDIT:
Now i tried 31755, but no differ.
Has i misunderstand something, or missing a setting?
Settings->System->Video display. See the "Resolution" setting.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Ohhh, silly me Blush

First i tried 31755 on my desktop pc, and i couldn't choose a higher resolution than the windows desktop.
(Thats why i'm asked if i missed something)
But i tried it on my htpc also, and it works fine!!Big GrinBig Grin So i guess this feature uses the displays Edid info to view available resolutions.
Thank you jmarshall for pointing out the course!

OT: It seems i cant download any add ons with 31755, its says "enabled" when I installed it, but i cant use any, and they don't view as installed after.
Is it this build, or is the add on system not ready get?
Glad you got it working - take your OT question to a new thread please Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] multiple resolutions0