audio but no video
hi guys i just installed 9.11 as i was having alot of issues scraping films suddenly on 9.04. well seems it scraping again now (after it saying scanning for 10mins then suddenly comes to life).

anyway i tried a film and i have audio perfect but no picture, this is a new one on me, all i have done is install 9.11 and added movies source and ran scrapper, nothing else. BTW all films are .AVI

i assume this is a easy fix but its beyond me LOL

HELP please.

(if needed i will do a debug log)
ahhh gets worse, only got 66 out of 176 movies and my machine cant be good enough i assume as it doesnt display fanart unless you wait on each film/tv programme for 30secs

any ideas why 2 months ago its was all totally perfect Laugh
what version of xbmc? windows? linux? also, what kind of computer are you running?

If its windows, XBMC switched for OpenGL to DX as its renderer. Ensure that your graphics hardware completely supports DX9.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
its the new 9.11 beta,,,windows xp sp3, the pc is old with built in graphics card. 1gb memory. worked perfectly on 9.04 and has every codec under the sun in it.

plays all the avi's fine when not using xbmc. the scrapers still dont work on movies eithier (66 of 176 films), this software was so so good and now its becoming annoying, nothing is ever simple eh LMAO
I have exactly the same problem, everything was fine with XBMC 9.04, but under 9.11 camelot Windows the movie plays with perfect sound but a black screen. Joshuass, what is DX9 exactly? How do I check this? Apoligies for sounding noobish.
XBMC uses the ffmpeg codec internally. when use have codec packs installed it may cause problems. uninstall your external codec pack , then try XBMC.
I have similar problems. I was suspecting Windows to be the sinner, as the resolution on my screen was set to 1240x1024, but I see now that I'm not the only one struggeling with this, so I'll just leave it for tomorrow...
Same problem here as Lotus is experiencing. I changed my resolution from 1440x1050 to 1024x768. Scraping was acceptable - but no video. Changed then to 1280x1024. Scraping no good - no video.

Avi's and MKV's do not play at any resolution but sound is fine.

Win XP-Pro, SP3, XBMC, v9.11, 2.0ghz P4M, 1gig RAM, NVidia GeForce4 440.

All known video formats play fine with Media Player Classic, VLC, Windows Media Player and Quicktime Player. K-Lite Codec Pack 5.6

I'd rather not uninstall all other codecs as briarfox suggested as I'd lose all other video players.

Any suggestions?
pueblo Wrote:Any suggestions?

This is a long shot but try running the DirectX installer from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...2d8712d553

If this makes no difference run DXDiag (Start/Run/dxdiag.exe), click the Save Info button and put the DxDiag.log on pastebin.com and post the link to it here.

JR
Hey jhsrennie

Thanks for the suggestion. I had the latest version of DirectX drivers but I ran the setup anyway, it loaded a newer dxdiag.

Here's the output of the dxdiag:

http://pastebin.com/m28edc12f

(p.s. avi's play fine in XMBC v9.04 and scraping is also fully functional)
pueblo Wrote:Hey jhsrennie

Thanks for the suggestion. I had the latest version of DirectX drivers but I ran the setup anyway, it loaded a newer dxdiag.

Here's the output of the dxdiag:

http://pastebin.com/m28edc12f

(p.s. avi's play fine in XBMC v9.04 and scraping is also fully functional)

I compared this with a DxDiag on my Revo, and the only difference I can see is that my video drivers are more recent: v6.14.0011.9562 as compared with v6.13.0010.4258 on your PC. It might be worth updating to the latest nVidia drivers.

JR
THanks JR

I'm running XBMC on a spare Dell Laptop. As such, I'm required by nVidia and Dell to only install Dell Drivers. When I attempt to load drivers downloaded directly from nVidia, I receive the message that from the driver install that I must use drivers only from the manufacturer of the PC.

So, that's the reason my vid drivers are a bit older. I don't expect dell to update the drivers any further, the laptop is four years old now.

Thanks for the assist. I hope the developers are able to take a look at this issue as I'm sure there will be many others in the future that experience the same issue with v9.11.

regards,

pueblo
I have exact same problem on dell laptop. No video at all. Latest SVN. What do I do?
mrQQ Wrote:I have exact same problem on dell laptop. No video at all. Latest SVN. What do I do?

Download and run the latest DirectX installer from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

JR
That helped indeed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
audio but no video1