Movies, TvShows.. Musicvideos... and Standup ?
Is there a way to add more sections to the library ? I'd like to have a seperate section for Standup since I'm sitting on a rather huge archive of standup comedians I'd want to include with cover/info (no scraper needed really.. perhaps imdb if possible).

These steps:
* Add video source
* Set content for this source to Standup
* Add link from Home menu to this part of the library
I guess a dev will drop in soon and say: Smart play lists.
Maybe.. but I say Profiles
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i'll try the profile thingie out..

i'll skip the playlist since i'd want to browse the video files like in Movies not having a playlist just playing in succession or random.

thanks for the links to the profile and J's post about rewritting the library. i'll keep track using those Smile
Both those options don't really do what you want in a nice simple way.

Multiple library support would fix this but I guess requires lots of work on the backend to get running.

The other thing is you can add the Stand up comedy DVDs to TMDB now and scrape them.

Here is a Screenshot of how it would look Smile
zag2me Wrote:Both those options don't really do what you want in a nice simple way.

Multiple library support would fix this but I guess requires lots of work on the backend to get running.

The other thing is you can add the Stand up comedy DVDs to TMDB now and scrape them.

Here is a Screenshot of how it would look Smile

I guess asking devs to change the entire db or add multiple db's is not the first way to go about to try this out.. so.. that's why i'm asking these questions to find out if it's doable in the current state Smile

Ah cool.. music vids is something i don't use atm so i guess i could use that and test it a bit Smile thanks for the tip!
Hmm i misunderstood you Big Grin Nevermind the Musicvids reference..

In video sources i have a source called "standup". if i enter this i have all my stanup shows (avi,mpg,mkvs++).

But if i manually add these files via tmdb or imdb they will be mixed with other movies and with 350+ standup shows i really don't want those mixed within the normal movies.. Smile
Ok for now I'll try this out:
http://weberjr.com/blog/?p=160

Movie Sets.. I'll just create a movie set called STANDUP and edit nfo files for each standup show (350+.. phew) Tongue

Anyone have a better solution please don't hesitate to post or pm me Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies, TvShows.. Musicvideos... and Standup ?0