[AppleTV] XBMC System Display 1080p not showing?
akg4y Wrote:Im sure that is probably high on their list, but might as well finish the most pressing thing on hand first (1080p decoding using CrystalHD) so that there is an actual use for the 1080p output other than just the on screen display.

Well, considering there doesn't even seem to be a bug for it I dunno.. (At least none that I could find, and no one responded to my "Is there a bug in Trac?" question.)

I'd say just use component with 1080i for now.

-GB
Strange....Using the "nightly build" I can get 1080@60. funny thing is, AppleTV lost 1080p option, I only see 1080i and am running 3.0.1.

I guess if it isn't one thing it's another.

EDIT: Just went back into the ATV GUI and the 1080p option just "reappeared." Great! 1080p in XBMC!
D-tyme Wrote:Strange....Using the "nightly build" I can get 1080@60. funny thing is, AppleTV lost 1080p option, I only see 1080i and am running 3.0.1.

I guess if it isn't one thing it's another.

EDIT: Just went back into the ATV GUI and the 1080p option just "reappeared." Great! 1080p in XBMC!

pastebin xbmc.log please.
THIS IS STRANGE!

I rebooted my ATV and now I'm again stuck with 720p!

Here is my log when it allowed me to display 1080 (xbmc.old.log):
http://pastebin.com/d3bf5a972

Here is the log after the reboot:
http://pastebin.com/f77621309

EDIT: I just looked at both logs again and both say 720. Don't know what happened. I think my ATV was acting up (hence not being able to 1080p). Sorry for the false alarm.
D-tyme Wrote:THIS IS STRANGE!

I rebooted my ATV and now I'm again stuck with 720p!

Here is my log when it allowed me to display 1080 (xbmc.old.log):
http://pastebin.com/d3bf5a972

Here is the log after the reboot:
http://pastebin.com/f77621309

both logs show;

GUI format 1280x720 1280x720 @ 60.00 - Full Screen
D-tyme Wrote:Strange....Using the "nightly build" I can get 1080@60. funny thing is, AppleTV lost 1080p option, I only see 1080i and am running 3.0.1.

are you running hdmi or component?
i noticed with hdmi i can do 1080p, component only allows me 1080i/720p
@davilla :

is there a ticketnumber for this bug/problem/feature request which we can follow so we can stop herassing the forum with this issue ?

Tried to search the trac but found nothing....

Thanks !
woutje76 Wrote:@davilla :

is there a ticketnumber for this bug/problem/feature request which we can follow so we can stop herassing the forum with this issue ?

Tried to search the trac but found nothing....

Thanks !

No ticket, make one Smile But I doubt it will stop anyone from posting about it over and over. Using forum Search and Trac checking seems to be a lost art.
Ticket 8550 created... :-)
looks like hasn't been fixed yet.. Wink
no, not yet.....

Waiting patiently !
Big Grin 
geebee75 Wrote:Personally I think "1080p" HD HDMI output being broken is kinda a big deal but who am I? Hopefully there's some priority to this. Smile

+1 Nod
You can +1 this all you want and that's not going to make it happen any faster. Since 720p display output does work and there are much more pressing issues, this one is low on the priority list.
Fair enough, but what's it all for. On the home page it mentions your big project of getting the Broadcom stuff working(No ETA). with the statement that this will enable playing back 1080p content. well who cares if it can play 1080p content when it can only output a 720p image? That being said, I also program, and hate criticism. I'm sorry
The purpose is that a lot of us have 1080p files that currently cannot play on our AppleTVs and so having those able to play is important.

Not like having it output 1080p is worth anything if it cant play it without stuttering... hence getting 1080p decoding done first is a necessary priority.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] XBMC System Display 1080p not showing?0