Family friendly
Please make this skin family friendly - like the Transparency skin.

Make it possible to hide views, options and settings.

Settings should only be available from the shutdown menu.

(I posted this in the xbox thread, but when I think about it, this request should be for the main skin)
You can make it kids friendly yourself, using a seperate profile for the kids and block out some elements
I already have a separate profile for the kids. But how do I block out elements?
profiles->[profile you wish to modify]->lock settings
I got to ask how is putting Settings in the shutdown menu family freindly if anything I would call it confusing myself. But like blittan said you can lock out access to settings with profiles (among other things)
settings should be tucked away, it is not for the average user (wife and kids), i is for the one doing the tweaking as it were. I don't want my kids near that option....
No need to tuck away anything Smile

use master lock, then lock settings.. that way you must supply a password before entering settings
Yes. A password will make it impossible for them to change settings. But it would be better to hide settings. That way my kids will not accidently click "settings". They do not know how to navigate that view, to return to the main menu.

I also still feel that my wife and kids shouldn't be able to switch between library view/file view or change between different views. This should be optional. Often they switch view by accident.
they wont even access the settings with a password.

in the future file mode and library mode will be united (kind of)
markiz Wrote:Yes. A password will make it impossible for them to change settings. But it would be better to hide settings. That way my kids will not accidently click "settings". They do not know how to navigate that view, to return to the main menu.

I also still feel that my wife and kids shouldn't be able to switch between library view/file view or change between different views. This should be optional. Often they switch view by accident.

I am looking for the same kind of solution as you do. When getting the enterpassword dialog with the remote it is not that easy to navigate back to the movie libraries.

If you found solution please post it here.
Thanks.
markiz Wrote:Yes. A password will make it impossible for them to change settings. But it would be better to hide settings. That way my kids will not accidently click "settings". They do not know how to navigate that view, to return to the main menu.

I also think so.
I am desperately looking for a way to have profiles utilize movie ratings eg, kids can only see/view < R rated movies and adults everything.
I have 2 seperate profile created but cannot find any way to accomplish the movie rating dependency.

Is there a way to do this?

Thankg in advance to all who respond.
Is there a way to switch between users within XBMC or do you have to exit and then re-enter and login in when you want to switch user profile?
depends on the skin i suppose but the majority of skins iv used have "log off" in the shutdown menu.
Or you can map a remote button / menu item to switch profiles.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Family friendly0