Giada Cube N3 & Giada Slim N10
Recently from China the company Giada started to sell these two models, ION based like Asrock 330 but with some differences...

Giada Cube N3
Link to WebSite: http://www.giada.cc/chanpinzhongxin/mini...-04/3.html

May seems a little retro, but the pack surely make a good impression: wi-fi, gigabit lan and e-sata. It is sold without hard disk, lowering the price to 160 € (Sorry i've found it on sale only on Pixmania and a couple of other sites, so i have a real price only in euro)

Giada Slim N10
Link to WebSite: http://www.giada.cc/chanpinzhongxin/mini...-30/1.html

Surely stylish, noticeable the fact that should be sold without S.O.
Still difficult to find for buying, pricing should be around 600 AUD (550 USD)

Considering the ION platform and the Atom 330 that they share with the Asrock, i hope that these pieces support well Xbmc...

What do you think about these items?
I have giada n10. Nice slim unit about 2 dvd cases thick. Downside is that there is only one ram slot so to upgrade from 2GB > 4GB meant a single 4GB stick which blew out the budget when building an asrock with normal desktop ram but then again the unit is alot slimmer.
Yeah... I got this miniPC the last week, and I installed xbmc on it.

It's a good set, and the Ion platform it's good enough.

I've some problem and I'm working on it. When I spent more time playing I'll write a short opinion.
what about these units they have atom d510

Are they any good? When i look at them they are so thin... is it fanless?

http://www.giada.cc/chanpinzhongxin/mini...18/21.html

http://www.giada.cc/chanpinzhongxin/mini...01/22.html

this looks like it could beat an XS35 in looks...
oh one question... anybody know where to buy them? I am located in Belgium.

thx
Hi, smalla,

I got the Giada Slim-N10 and it's enough to play xbmc. My problem now it's to setup the wireless lan with the realtek 8187SE chip.

I'll report it if I get the solution.

I bought this one because it's so small and it is a low power equip.

You can find information on the web about the Giada Slim-N10, the other (N20) it's new, I think.
yes i found the info (see link in previous post) but i didnot find shops selling them
I just got the N3 last week and I'm quite happy with it. I haven't had time to test it too much but I got it up and running last night. I'm able to stream 720p over wifi. I haven't tried 1080p since my TV doesn't support it. I suspect over wifi it may not be perfect but with the Atom+Ion it should play 1080p fine. I may actually test that tonight.

My only complaint is the single RAM slot. I had 2 1GB chips from my Macbook Pro that I replaced with 2x2 GB and was hoping to use both. But XBMC live seems to work fine with just 1GB RAM on this system so I'm not running out to buy more just yet.

@smalla I know it's an old post but in case you're still looking have you tried pixmania? I'm in France, that's where I got it from, but I think they're in Belgium too
Wink 
Hi,

I am Christina. Anyone who are interested in Giada Mini PC is welcome to contact me. My email is [email protected] or [email protected].

MSN: [email protected]
Laugh
i just bought the barebone giada cube n3
put xbmc live on usb
and had it up and running

i have no sound or wifi
how do u set up the sound and network

with out the driver disk?

do i need to install windows first so i can run the driver disk that came
with the giada series Huh

how did u guys get it to work

did u have to install a operating system

first?

but up for days trying to get it all set up

i hope i dont need windows as well as i want it just to be like my xbox 1 xbmc

if i install windows can it still boot up to xbmx

i dont have a dvd drive either to get the discs on it

please help
vader74, you can't do permanent changes to the live distribution on the usb stick. well, theoretically you could, but that takes some real experience with linux/ubuntu.

if you are serious about this, install a hard disk, install the live image or follow the XBMCbuntu guide, and do some reading in the forums, esp. the linux sub-forum.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:vader74, you can't do permanent changes to the live distribution on the usb stick. well, theoretically you could, but that takes some real experience with linux/ubuntu.

if you are serious about this, install a hard disk, install the live image or follow the XBMCbuntu guide, and do some reading in the forums, esp. the linux sub-forum.

i have a 500gb hdd installed and 2 g ram

i did get winows 7 with it aswell on dvd but have no way of installing it

as dont have a ext dvd drive

so i should have an os system to start with ?
ok will install xboxlive from the usb stick tonight

does it give me option to partition it as i bought 500gb hdd
is it worth doing that say 100gb for xbmc 400gb for what ever
like a friend set up on my pc

i will install and then do a lot of reading i think Sad
xbmc-9.11-live-repack

is this the latest best version that my include all the drivers needed ?
installed xbmc to hard drive

still cant get sound to work through hdmi

and cant get connected to internet

says conected but no dns??

also system info
\mac address says busy the can see address then busy
flick back and forth

but macadress is not standard format
0:18:1a:d:11:55

router wont except it

should it be zeros stuck in
00:18:1a:0d:11:55Huh