Evolution X V+3935 after updating
Newby here. Thanks in advance for your help.

To start - the xbox was modded by previous owner so I am not 100% sure what was there before. But here is what went wrong. After 3 month of happily using xbmc I decided to update with the latest SVN. I downloaded new version to my PC, backed-up my Userdata, and [here is what I assumed the mistake was] erased everything on E (where all the previous install files were, e.g. E:\default.xbe). I threafter copied the downloaded xbmc and saved Userdata to E:\ and restarted the x box.

Instead of xbmc I see Evolution X V+3935 screen with time, temp, RD Name and No Disc note in the right top corner. The only two menu Options are Launch Disk (does not work) and System Seetings which gets me to network settings.

What is this screen? What are my options? How do I get xbmc to load?

Thanks!!!
XBMC was loading from somewhere other then you thought it was. On deleting your console's primary dash, it's fallen back to a secondary one - EvoX, in this case. Usually, the system wouldn't be booting at all at this point, as secondary dashes aren't the norm.

How is the console modded?

Can you get it to boot any discs at all?

Are you able to get FTP access through EvoX (it is a feature the dash offers)?
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
Bomb Bloke Wrote:XBMC was loading from somewhere other then you thought it was. On deleting your console's primary dash, it's fallen back to a secondary one - EvoX, in this case. Usually, the system wouldn't be booting at all at this point, as secondary dashes aren't the norm.

How is the console modded?

Can you get it to boot any discs at all?

Are you able to get FTP access through EvoX (it is a feature the dash offers)?
As I mention in my original post I don't know how it was modded...
I can ftp to it using the IP address displayed in EvoX (it has changed).
You said you're not sure what "was" there. The console still "is" modded; otherwise it wouldn't be booting to EvoX. Hence I assumed you were referring to the E partition, which is what you changed - by wiping it out. Next time, make a backup first!

Compare your boot sequence to this. What differences do you see?
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
Bomb Bloke Wrote:Compare your boot sequence to this. What differences do you see?
I don't see any differences. Just after xbox logo EvoX appears.

When FTP I see the following drives: C,D, E, F,X,Y,G
E is where xbmc is copied, C looks like default file system, X,Y,Z look like game saves, D and F are empty.
Where on the E partition did you place XBMC?

Try creating a "dashboard" folder on the E partition, and dumping XBMC's files in there.
Thanks, it worked. I was putting it in/E/ originally
Another problem - now the games don' load autamtically with restart from DVD. Starting dashboard.xbe from the disk makes it work.
Thanks you so much for this! I broke my softmod with xbmc after I tried to update xbmc to the latest version. I forgot about it until now and this was exactly the problem I was having. What a lifesaver!!!!! Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Evolution X V+3935 after updating0