Language Flagging & Filtering of Audio Tracks & Subtitles Languages in Movie Library?
Lightbulb 
I've been a long user of XBMC (XBOX and then on a ION-ITX motherboard I've recently purchased). It's amazing how far this has gone : the media views are amazing.

There is one big thing that I miss, and I think many non-native English speakers would too. In the media view, there is no way to know if a movie or TV episode has subtiltes unless I start watching it. For me the other media info (SD/HD, 5.1, etc.) are "nice to have" in comparison (even if I reckon those look awesome).

Having a wife who is not fluent in English, it makes it difficult for her to select movies in the library. I have Camelot (9.11) and tried Confluence as well as Transparency! 2.11, but I can't find any such thing.

Looking at the changelog for Camelot, I noticed
Quote:Smart Playlists support for video resolution, aspect-ratio, codec, audio, and subtitles
but I can't seem to be able to find this...

Any suggestion?

V.

PS : Thanks much to all developpers, skinners, XBMC is an awesome piece of software!
I don't know if this request has been made but i would love to see if a movie or tv-show has more than one audio tracks and which languages they are in. VLC can handle that pretty well.

There could also be a filter for movies where i can say something like: "Give me all movies i have with an english audio track"
This would be nice if you have foreigners (as i'm german speaking Wink ) over and want to watch a movie they can also understand.

What i'd also love to have is a dialog box before starting a movie that is I have in more than one language, asking me which language i want to watch it in. Of course there should be an option to disable this feature for those who don't like it.

What do you guys think?
I second that.

I work with additional genres at the moment to specifiy my movie's language(s). Separate language flags would be awesome!

But I see one problem:
In my case, not all the audio tracks of my movies are marked correctly. So, for example, I have files with German and English audio, but both are displayed as English (or don't have a language flag at all). As I don't want to make the effort to remux all these movies, the flags should be manually editable.
V-Turn Wrote:Shameless self bump...

Not so shameless, :-)

I am in the same position as you. I watch most of my content with subtitles (if not all) and it is a feature that I would love to have in XBMC by default!!

I managed to create a simple patch that shows a media flag if a movie / episodes has subtitles (nothing for the sub language though). However, it only works if subtitles are included in the file, not for external subtitles. That is because XBMC does not fill the media details with external subtitles (I think it is related to bug 6744) but I am not sure and also I don't think it will get fixed any time soon...

In any case you can find the patch to apply to the confluence skin here. You will also need a subs.png file with the image to show when there are subtitles, let me know if you want it and where I can post it (it is just kb).

Regards,

Code:
Index: skin/Confluence/720p/DialogVideoInfo.xml
===================================================================
--- skin/Confluence/720p/DialogVideoInfo.xml    (revision 25576)
+++ skin/Confluence/720p/DialogVideoInfo.xml    (working copy)
@@ -59,6 +59,7 @@
                    <include>VideoCodecFlaggingConditions</include>
                    <include>AudioCodecFlaggingConditions</include>
                    <include>AspectCodecFlaggingConditions</include>
+                    <include>SubtitlesFlaggingConditions</include>
                </control>
                <control type="group">
                    <visible>Control.HasFocus(12)</visible>
Index: skin/Confluence/720p/ViewsVideoLibrary.xml
--- skin/Confluence/720p/ViewsVideoLibrary.xml    (revision 25576)
+++ skin/Confluence/720p/ViewsVideoLibrary.xml    (working copy)
@@ -176,6 +176,7 @@
                <include>VideoTypeHackFlaggingConditions</include>
+                <include>SubtitlesFlaggingConditions</include>
            </control>
            <control type="label">
                <posx>0</posx>
@@ -743,6 +744,7 @@
+                <include>SubtitlesFlaggingConditions</include>
            </control>
            <control type="grouplist">
                <description>MPAA Rating Flagging Images</description>
@@ -1281,6 +1283,7 @@
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>0</posx>
@@ -1352,6 +1355,7 @@
                </control>
                <control type="textbox">
                    <description>Description Value for Movie</description>
@@ -1885,6 +1889,7 @@
+                        <include>SubtitlesFlaggingConditions</include>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>0</posx>
@@ -1976,6 +1981,7 @@
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>0</posx>
@@ -2153,6 +2159,7 @@
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>0</posx>
Index: skin/Confluence/720p/IncludesCodecFlagging.xml
--- skin/Confluence/720p/IncludesCodecFlagging.xml    (revision 25576)
+++ skin/Confluence/720p/IncludesCodecFlagging.xml    (working copy)
@@ -1,4 +1,14 @@
<includes>
+    <include name="SubtitlesFlaggingConditions">
+        <control type="image">
+            <description>Subtitles Image</description>
+            <width>60</width>
+            <height>33</height>
+            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
+            <texture>subs.png</texture>
+            <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.SubtitleLanguage)</visible>
+        </control>
+    </include>
    <include name="VideoCodecFlaggingConditions">
        <control type="image">
            <description>Video rez Image</description>
No other opinions on my suggestion?
read this perhaps?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=flagging
Thank you very much for your reply. So I understand better the changelog now : the subtitle flag is available from the XBMC engine, but it seems that the skins do not use it for now. I'll try out your patch, but that will be pretty challenging as I use Transparency!

Well, that's a good opportunity to learn better about skinning. ;-)

V.
V-Turn Wrote:Thank you very much for your reply. So I understand better the changelog now : the subtitle flag is available from the XBMC engine, but it seems that the skins do not use it for now. I'll try out your patch, but that will be pretty challenging as I use Transparency!

Well, that's a good opportunity to learn better about skinning. ;-)

V.

Yep sorry, only use confluence now. To be honest it is not that complicated. I didn't know anything about skinning and could make that out in almost no time. Laugh

Keep in mind though, the subtitle flag is only set for internal subtitles.

Regards,
Thanks for the reply. I'm playing wiht the skin right now.

I opened the database file using a sqlite browser and confirm that internal SRT are indeed parsed and recognized, but not external *.srt files unfortunately. I have reported this in http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8472

V.
I agree that it would be very useful to support external subtitles as well, thanks for entering a ticket.

However, I am actually not sure if this should be rather considered as a bug. After all, the information in the library should be the same that is also available when playing a file.

I had a quick look at the source, but I am completely lost and don't have the time to get acquainted with all the xbmc methods unfortunately. If one of the devs could give me very clear instructions I might be able to write a patch, but I guess it would almost be the same effort for them as fixing it themselves Wink

Regards,
sergej
Lightbulb 
I too have been wanting a feature like that, only just for showing which movies has subtitles and not what language. I couldn't figure out how to show external subs, but could see that it was allready showing a flag for the movies with internal sub.
So I thought, why not just tamper with the database itself?
And that's what I did Smile I have created a little program for myself that can remove all the subtitle flags, except the ones that has the language I choose (the people that use my moviedatabase does not know english good enough to understand it so i also remove the english sub flags).
After that it can scan my movies folder and if a file with the same name as the movie, but with .srt extension exists, then it will create the flag for my language ('dan' in my case) for that movie, in the database.
Now when I open XBMC and look in the movie library, all the movies that I have flagged, now has a little [CC] icon. Nice and simple and now people don't have to start the movie to see if the correct subtitle is present Smile

Now as I said, I made this for myself, so it does what it has to do in my scenario. But if anyone else think they could use this too, I could spend a couple of more hours making it usefull for others Nerd
we have a patch pending for ext subs.
spiff Wrote:we have a patch pending for ext subs.

That is great... That could have spared me some time ;-)
Allthough in my scenario I also remove flags for subs not in my own language.
Probably not useful to that many people...
spiff Wrote:we have a patch pending for ext subs.
Big Grin

Wife happy. Downloading Darma beta 2 right now!
Question 
Hi!
I would like to provide a patch which enables a skin to get more than just the language of the best audio/subtitle track, but I am not sure what the best implementation would be.

I read in the forum that it is/was planned to support ListItem.AudioLanguage2 and so on. I don't know if that is still the plan? I don't think that would be the best solution. You can't display all languages available anyway because the space for flags is limited.
I would use this feature to see if my movies are available in their original language (mostly english) and/or in my native language. A function like ListItem.HasAudioStream(eng) would be a better solution to achieve this I think, since you don't have to check every audio stream. The downside would be that it could be necessary to have some new settings to specify which languages to check for.

I don't know how everyone else wants to use language flags, but would be great to hear what the devs think how this should be implemented.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Language Flagging & Filtering of Audio Tracks & Subtitles Languages in Movie Library?2