SMB shares "function not implemented" error in camelot
Hey guys, I just installed the Camelot live repack to my aspire 1600 and can't get any smb shares to work. Everytime I attempt to connect to a windows network file share whether by Windows Network (SMB), Add Network Location (with the host name), or Add Network Location (with the ip address), I get an error popup stating "Function Not Implemented". Anyone have any ideas? I had the beta 2 working fine with my shares, but no longer with camelot.

Thanks for the help
I do have the same problem with SMB "Function Not Implemented" on my Acer apire Revo.

Gucki76
I'm Also getting the same Problem....Why Does every other thing get messed up with new updates?? It's so annoying!!!
digzz Wrote:I'm Also getting the same Problem....Why Does every other thing get messed up with new updates?? It's so annoying!!!

Don't update then Smile
Gah! How about a useful bug report instead of just yelling?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
You have to manually put your user name and password in sources.xml.

"<path pathversion="1">smb://username:password@Public/Movies/</path>"
rawker089 Wrote:You have to manually put your user name and password in sources.xml.

"<path pathversion="1">smb://username:password@Public/Movies/</path>"

Mines already like this : <path pathversion="1">smb://James:*******@JAMES-PC/</path> But it still don't work. No
digzz Wrote:Mines already like this : <path pathversion="1">smb://James:*******@JAMES-PC/</path> But it still don't work. No

Hmm I don't know. I have the acer 1600 updated from 9.04 to 9.11 and had the same issue. I know they removed the option to put the user name and password in xbmc network settings. I'm running ubuntu 9.10 with a samba share.
I didn't have that exact same error message but I was having having trouble getting my SMB shares found and other inernet related problems.

I came to notice that my Acer 1600 was having IP assignment problems when I installed the 9.11 Camelot for LIVE. The System/Network display showed no internet connection, no IP address, no gateway address, etc.

Let me preface that I am no Linux expert so forgive me if I have any terminology incorrect.

When I went to the shell using ctrl+alt+F1, I checked 'ifconfig -a' and found that my ethernet port was listed as eth1 instead of eth0 which is what is was in the previous 9.04 LIVE version.

So if you go to /etc/network/ and look at the interfaces file (read-only by default) you should find that it has the following entry:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

If you change the '0' to a '1', save the changes and reboot, everything netwok related should begin working again.

Hope this helps out your issues.
dworlitz Wrote:I didn't have that exact same error message but I was having having trouble getting my SMB shares found and other inernet related problems.

I came to notice that my Acer 1600 was having IP assignment problems when I installed the 9.11 Camelot for LIVE. The System/Network display showed no internet connection, no IP address, no gateway address, etc.

Let me preface that I am no Linux expert so forgive me if I have any terminology incorrect.

When I went to the shell using ctrl+alt+F1, I checked 'ifconfig -a' and found that my ethernet port was listed as eth1 instead of eth0 which is what is was in the previous 9.04 LIVE version.

So if you go to /etc/network/ and look at the interfaces file (read-only by default) you should find that it has the following entry:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

If you change the '0' to a '1', save the changes and reboot, everything netwok related should begin working again.

Hope this helps out your issues.

I've tried to change the interfaces file in shell using FileZilla but I keep on getting a Error permission denied. Can anybody shed some light on this please?
I had the same problem when installing XBMC Live Camelot 9.11

I could not add source the normal way.

What I did was to go into 'FILE MANAGER' and add smb sources there manually.

Make sure you type in:
Server Name (or ip)
Name of Share (this is very important)
User Name (you have to generate this user on your Windows machine)
Password

Make sure you have the permission set up correctly on your Windows share. You have to make sure you set the permission in two places. The first place is ´SHARING´ and the second place is when you right-click and choose ´PROPERTIES´ and hit the ´PERMISSIONS´ tab.

Hope this helps...
digzz Wrote:I've tried to change the interfaces file in shell using FileZilla but I keep on getting a Error permission denied. Can anybody shed some light on this please?

The interfaces file is read-only by default.

I had to use sudo chmod on the file to give it write permisions before I could successfully edit it.

This all had to be done in the shell interface from the command prompt. I thought about using FileZilla to replace the file, but since the network interface was down on the Acer Revo, it was unable to connect.
It works if you use 'add network location' instead:

Workaround: when adding the source, use 'Add network location...' and manually enter the server and share name there, then user and password when prompted. This works, and the share will now appear in the quick list so will be easy to select from then on.

It's definitely broken in Camelot Live (at least connecting to Windows 7 shares that worked fine in RC1)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
dworlitz Wrote:The interfaces file is read-only by default.

I had to use sudo chmod on the file to give it write permisions before I could successfully edit it.

This all had to be done in the shell interface from the command prompt. I thought about using FileZilla to replace the file, but since the network interface was down on the Acer Revo, it was unable to connect.

I don't think changing that Interface file will work because I've installed the Old version of xbmc and I've looked at that interface file and it's the same eth0 as the one on the new one. And the old one works. I can't think what it can
possibly be now.:confused2:
Specisfying the share name worked. I'm still new to xbmc having just started using it with beta 2 a month ago. With that release you could add the server itself and it would enumerate the shares without having to specify a specific one. Specifying the actual share works just fine for adding my smb based files

Thanks for all the help and quick responses.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB shares "function not implemented" error in camelot0