ZOTAC Mag Tips and Tricks
Since it seems the other ION based machines have a tips and tricks page, I figured I'd detail my findings with my Zotac MAG here.

At current the Camelot Live Repack mostly works:
  • HDMI Audio Works
  • Resume From USB Does Not Work
  • XBMCLive doesn't appear to restart when it crashes
  • 1080P VDPAU works perfectly

I'm going to try to keep this post updated, if I find ways to get all my issues fixed, I'll try and post them here !

HTH

James
May I ask you, which settings you have in the bios for the MCP SMU SmartFan Control of your Zotac Mag? I am asking, because my one gets very loud within minutes with the out-of-the-box settings and the latest bios... My settings there: 30/70/50/240.
I'm pretty sure my settings are : 30/70/50/250

HTH
Thanks for your answer 3guk. Are you sure about the last entry, the 250? Because imo 240 is the max entry it can have if I am not wrong... My entries (30/70/50/240) are the default entries. CPU temp on idle is around 68-70°C. My Mag lays flat on a table. (Just had a look at some pics of the mag in a review - it looks like this way, the mainboard / hdd and cpu are upside down in the box, if it lays flat).
Apologies, it's actually set to 240, misread it !!!

Maybe you got a duff unit ? I don't find the fans on mine to be all that loud, although I do have it strapped to the back of the TV, so I guess noise isn't too much of an issue !!
No problem 3guk and thanks for your reply :-) hmmm... yeah, I do not hope, that I have got a duff unit... so I will read around a little bit, about other buyers experience too. thank you anyway! :-)
Have you checked the bios settings to try to enable resume from usb? I know when I built my single core zotac there was a setting I had to enable..

-Erik
Question 
3guk Wrote:
  • HDMI Audio Works
  • 1080P VDPAU works perfectly

Could you please help me. I just received my Zotac MAG.

I installed Ubuntu 9.10 and xbmc 9.11 R26018.

I also installed nVidia hardware drivers 185.18.36 proposed by Ubuntu.

I'm able to create share and access content but videos have 2 problems:

a) no sound (at least through HDMI). I checked alsamixer is installed and volume is not muted. Audio output of XBMC is configured as digital, ac3 and dts are enabled. "Internal Audio Digital Stereo HDMI" is configured for "Audio output device" and finally "hdmi" as Passthrough output device.

Is there something to configure in System -> Preferences -> Sound then Hardware Profile ?

b) video is not perfect. (kind of horizontal lines while playing)
[512Mb is selected as memory size for GPU in bios]

Thanks
Maxime
Ok guys,

I followed that guide for multichannel Audio:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59877

That make it for digital audio via HDMI.

I also had to configure vsync in video playback so that horizontal lines disappear.

Seems to go well.

I will now tune all other settings.

Long life to XBMC !
sorry kinda newbie here. Do you have a script that I can follow along for my Zotac MAG?

Just a little lost with installing minimal install of ubuntu + XBMC
Resume from USB does work. You just have to figure out on which BUS you have your remote connected then you trigger it via /proc/acpi/wakeup. In my case it is US15 (as far as I remember) So:

echo US15 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
I have these settings in MCP SMU SmartFan Control:

50/80/30/200

...found them on this forum.
Does the spdi/f work for ac3 passthrough?
BlaY0 Wrote:Resume from USB does work. You just have to figure out on which BUS you have your remote connected then you trigger it via /proc/acpi/wakeup. In my case it is US15 (as far as I remember) So:

echo US15 > /proc/acpi/wakeup

How about wake-up from standby via remote, has anyone really got it to work?

Zemy
Zemy Wrote:How about wake-up from standby via remote, has anyone really got it to work?

Zemy

You just quoted a guy that said it worked. Search the forums, Its all there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZOTAC Mag Tips and Tricks0