ZOTAC Mag Tips and Tricks
Zemy Wrote:How about wake-up from standby via remote, has anyone really got it to work?

Zemy

I have had limited success getting this to work. I can get the wake-up to work when both these conditions are met:

1. I use a specific USB port (the front one, IIRC)
2. I use a mechanical device such as a hard-wired keyboard to wake it up.

I cannot get this to work with my remote. My guess is that the IR receiver I am using requires too much power and doesn't work when in standby mode. But that's just a guess...
FishOil Wrote:You just quoted a guy that said it worked. Search the forums, Its all there.

All I ever have found so far is related to resume from suspend but not really from standby. If someone has a tip, I would appreciate that.
From suspend it works usually without problems.

Zemy
Anyone having any troubles with Wireless on this thing? I have an Asus RT-N16 Wireless-N router, and I can't seem to get any speeds on it. During the setup process, I have the Mag next to the router, and the top speed I get is about 1.8MBps. Router shows its running at 135Mbps, no other wireless clients, wireless setitngs are N-Only, Wireless Channel=auto (11+9), channel width=40MHz (though I think this is unneeded with this card), control channel=upper.

I know this is not the right place to troubleshoot a router, but, my basic question is, has anyone else gotten this Zotac Mag to connect at Wireless-N speeds? I had this setup in my living room (probably only about 32 feet away, 1 wall in between), using the XCI script to install XBMC, and I couldn't stream a battman mkv file (around 8GB). Is this normal? Everything else seems to work fine, I just need to get this wireless thing figured out, because I can't run a cable.
cquilliam Wrote:Anyone having any troubles with Wireless on this thing? I have an Asus RT-N16 Wireless-N router, and I can't seem to get any speeds on it. During the setup process, I have the Mag next to the router, and the top speed I get is about 1.8MBps. Router shows its running at 135Mbps, no other wireless clients, wireless setitngs are N-Only, Wireless Channel=auto (11+9), channel width=40MHz (though I think this is unneeded with this card), control channel=upper.

I know this is not the right place to troubleshoot a router, but, my basic question is, has anyone else gotten this Zotac Mag to connect at Wireless-N speeds? I had this setup in my living room (probably only about 32 feet away, 1 wall in between), using the XCI script to install XBMC, and I couldn't stream a battman mkv file (around 8GB). Is this normal? Everything else seems to work fine, I just need to get this wireless thing figured out, because I can't run a cable.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=506...stcount=27
FishOil Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=506...stcount=27

Thank you muchly, I missed that post somehow.

I'll try the bleeding edge first, then I may go with your replacement adapter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZOTAC Mag Tips and Tricks0