Camelot installer overwrites keyboard.xml
Hi,

I have run previous versions of XBMC in portable mode, i.e. all data is to be stored in the XBMC folder. I am using the new keymapping as described in this wiki article: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

i have created a keyboard.xml in my xbmc/system folder. However, after installing the official 9.11 build, the keyboard.xml was overwritten - why? I think these files are user-specific, and not subject to be overwritten by the installer, or am I getting something wrong here?
Use your users profile in ~/.xbmc to avoid upgrade related overwrites.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:Use your users profile in ~/.xbmc to avoid upgrade related overwrites.

Sorry, that doesn't really help. First of all, I am using Windows, and as I wrote above, I always select during installation the "portable mode", which allows me to store all settings in the XBMC folder.

In former times, userdata including keyboard settings were saved in a folder called userdata, but according to the wiki, they are now all stored in xbmc/system/keymaps folder, and that's exactly where I placed my file, and where it got overwritten. I'd be happy if anybody could give me a hint how to preserve userdata even in portable mode.

Thanks alot
You need to place your file in your userdata folder under a folder called keymaps the one in xbmc/system/keymaps is the default one and will always be overwriten. User modified ones need to go in xbmc/userdata/keymaps
It even says so in the wiki artical header
Quote:You can redefine all keys of the remote and keyboard and all buttons on the gamepad as you like by editing the keymapping. Since r21442 (that's after the current 9.04.1 release), the default keymapping files are stored in the system/keymaps/ subfolder of your installation. To alter the default keymapping simply add one or more xml-files in the Userdata/keymaps/ folder with the changes you wish to make. If the keymaps folder doesn't exist, create it. For backwards compatibily, Userdata/Keymap.xml is still read

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Camelot installer overwrites keyboard.xml0