• 1(current)
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows?
Question 
1. is in the current standard trac crystal hd already active (like daily builds by ikon) ?
2. or i have to check out from the branch and compile?
3. or is there Win32/64 builds of the crystal hd branch?

thanks

the crystal card is aviable on ebay for less than €15,50 EUR incl transport
1) the custom sources are already in trunk. what's missing are the crystalhd dll (bcmDIL.dll) and its header files which is still part of a legal discussion IIRC davilla's words.
2) since the merge this branch is obsolete.
3) all third party svn builds will have crystalhd support once it's activated (see 1) about missing libs).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
the dll is included on the orginal driver package
what is it illegal if I own this card and the drivers using it?

WiSo Wrote:1) the custom sources are already in trunk. what's missing are the crystalhd dll (bcmDIL.dll) and its header files which is still part of a legal discussion IIRC davilla's words.
2) since the merge this branch is obsolete.
3) all third party svn builds will have crystalhd support once it's activated (see 1) about missing libs).
We need the header files which afaik aren't part of the driver distribution to build XBMC against it. All I know is that it isn't clarified yet.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
header files for win are same as for linux/osx, since we dyload the dll/so/dylib now, don't need a bcmDIL.lib to link under windows either.

This will need testing and I expect fixes as only the GL renderer will know how to handle nv12 texture format, I bet DX renderer will barf and die Smile
I'm a bit confused here. I took this:

'Support has already been added to XBMC under the svn trunk. Our bleeding-edge users can expect to find the feature in the next nightly builds from our community builders, the more patient can wait until the next stable release.'

from the xbmc home page to mean this was already working in newer svn releases. But Wiso indicated above that it isnt 'activated' yet.

So to clarify, if I were to put a Crystal HD card in my Revo right now and use a new version of xbmc for windows, would this feature work?

Thanks!
No. It doesn't work on win32 as yet. It's working for OSX and Linux only. None of our win32 devs have a BC card. Donations welcome as per usual.

Today I've added the missing libcrystalhd sources to our repository and with the help of davilla made it compile with XBMC (win32).
In theory you only have to drop bcmDIL.dll into xbmc/system/players/dvdplayer/ and it could work.
But as jmarshall said it's untested on win32 yet.
jmarshall Wrote:No. It doesn't work on win32 as yet. It's working for OSX and Linux only. None of our win32 devs have a BC card. Donations welcome as per usual.

That would be great!
Bad thing about DSplayer for Windows is that it doesn't support subtitles.
I would like to use the Crystal HD card for using XBMC under Window 7 with hardware acceleration and subtitle support.
WiSo Wrote:But as jmarshall said it's untested on win32 yet.

Tested and working fine here Smile
A600 Wrote:Tested and working fine here Smile

Great news A600!
Could you provide some details such as what hardware you are using, which version of XBMC Camelot, and what files you tried so far?

Thanks
WiSo Wrote:In theory you only have to drop bcmDIL.dll into xbmc/system/players/dvdplayer/ and it could work.

The path should really point to the location of bcmDIL.dll as installed by the Broadcom windows installer. bcmDIL.dll will pull the firmware from the same place and it seems silly to require a manual step to gain functionality.
dtviewer Wrote:Great news A600!
Could you provide some details such as what hardware you are using, which version of XBMC Camelot, and what files you tried so far?

I have an AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ with the CrystalHD card installed using a PCie adaptor and r26262.

All files I tried (mostly anime) worked flawlessly but with a noticiable stuttering the first 5/10 seconds.

With HD ts satellite streams I wasn't so lucky. They lost a lot of frames but is strange because the cpu usage isn't high enough for that.
It will only work on the GL version at this point - we don't have the necessary shaders in place for DX.

davilla Wrote:The path should really point to the location of bcmDIL.dll as installed by the Broadcom windows installer. bcmDIL.dll will pull the firmware from the same place and it seems silly to require a manual step to gain functionality.

Fine with me but where is it installed to? To a windows standard directory?
@A600: could you have a look where the dll is installed by the Broadcom installer?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows?0