• 4(current)
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows?
BCM70010 - BCM70012 - whats the difference ?
So this card will only work with XBMC, because it has the drivers built in.

Will this card to anything for lets say windows media player on Win7? Will it use the cards decoder by default
ashlar Wrote:Hi! Anyone able to tell me whether CrystalHD correctly decodes VC-1 interlaced material? Such as the m2ts files found on Life (BBC documentary series) and Torchwood BluRays.
Anyone? Also, anyone tried this with an adapter on a regular PCI-E slot?
Got my 700012 card today and installed in dell laptop, appears to play ok in gomplayer but xbmc is still using ff as decoder when bring up info and playback is very stuttery.

I've tried h264 1080p and 720p and both have same result, 720p plays ok but still ff decoding.

I have installed ikons 26459 gl build and copied dll to dvd plasyer folder as advised.

any idea why this isn't being used?
craigd Wrote:I have installed ikons 26459 gl build and copied dll to dvd plasyer folder as advised.

You don't need the dll at the dvdplayer folder so delete it, be sure you have installed the latest drivers and that the render method (settings/videos/playback) is set to "Auto detect" or "Broadcom Crystal HD"
A600 Wrote:You don't need the dll at the dvdplayer folder so delete it, be sure you have installed the latest drivers and that the render method (settings/videos/playback) is set to "Auto detect" or "Broadcom Crystal HD"

A600, think you may be willing to do a step by step for everyone? (My card should be here soon and I'm not sure how to go about setting this up.)
I'm sure there are others who would also be interested in the steps involved.

Thanks
Step 1: Install the driver: http://www.broadcom.com/support/crystal_hd/
Step 2: Make sure render method is auto or broadcom (settings/videos/playback)

Anything to add A600? Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hello WiSo,

I just downloaded and installed both the DX and the GL 26549 versions
I see in the GL version that in the Settings/Video Playback menue, there are 2 additional options :
1) render Method
2) Use Pixel Buffer Objects

does that mean, that the GL version is continuing to be developed ? cause
the GL versions run smother with ATI Cards...and in means of Performance, well i didnt saw no diff between the DX and the GL Version.....same CPU usage in both, except of the problem with the high CPU with DX and ATI drivers on the Menues..

As I ordered 2 Broadcom Video Accelerators, is it better to stay with the GL version ? (cause i read that in the DX the Broadcom is not supported....)

I am not sure with what version (DX or GL) i sshould continue, now where the Broadcom gadget appeared :-)

Thankyou in Advance for you answer,
Cheers,
Konstantin
XBMC, Intel P4 3.0GHz with HT, 2GB RAM, ATI 3450 HDMI GPU
thanks for the help, hd goodness for me now
WiSo Wrote:Anything to add A600? Smile

That's pretty much it Smile
jmarshall Wrote:No. It doesn't work on win32 as yet. It's working for OSX and Linux only. None of our win32 devs have a BC card. Donations welcome as per usual.

Is this still true or did they get their hands on a few cards?
I might be able to make a donation if they are still needed for devs...
I've ordered a card already so hopefully it'll be there soon.

@zyxel13: yes and no. The opengl version shares a lot of code with the Linux portion and development there will be ofc also in the win gl port. but it's not really tested and might work.
I don't compile the gl port anymore nor put any effort in it beside make it compile when it fails.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
A question please?

I currently run an AMD Athlon x2 6000 with an Nvidia Geforce 9500GT & get the tearing problem when playing video.

Would buying & installing this card sort that issue out?
FoxForceFive Wrote:A question please?

I currently run an AMD Athlon x2 6000 with an Nvidia Geforce 9500GT & get the tearing problem when playing video.

Would buying & installing this card sort that issue out?

Did you enable vertical sync in the settings in xbmc?

If not, try that first.
visiondiez Wrote:I can also confirm that it works in a Revo 1600 with the Broadcom card in the empty mini PCIe slot. H.264 in mkv container works very well, both 720p and 1080p. This is under Windows 7, GL build 26307.

i thought the 1600 had the mini pci blocked \ disabled !
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows?0