SAMBA\CIFS share not accesible
Hello,

I have a netgear readynas duo with some shares. All are properly configured for cifs access. From my laptop i have no problem connecting to them, however, from xbmc I allways get the error: Operation not permitted. They are all in the same workgroup, and I can browse untill the folder, but it won't let me see the content.

Can someone put me in the right direction, because right now i am sharing through ftp :-S which is something i dont want....
I have almost the same problem (LIVE USB 9.11) when adding smb source. After choosing the workgroup it takes 10-15sec and a Error message states: "Connection timed out".
Update:

When enabling guest access on the share, the first time it gives me the error, but second or third time i gain access. However, browsing is very slow, 10 sec minimum. When i want to enter a subdirectory it gives me the error again. and after trying for 2 or 3 times, i also am able to enter that directory.

But i want to use proper authentication, so can pls someone help me?
Are you guys using the hostname or IP for the shares?

Personally, I've never had great luck using hostnames and have my local network set all static.
Both give me the same error.

here is my smb.config :

[global]
preferred master = no
local master = no
domain master = no
client lanman auth = yes
lanman auth = yes
name resolve order = bcast host
workgroup = WORKGROUP

And a line from the sources.xml

source>
<name>movies</name>
"<path pathversion="1">smb://xbmc:[email protected]/Downloads/</path>"
</source>

User xbmc is also created on my nas, with same password, and read\write access to the share...

Above is not working as it should be, please help..
I have the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?
Hi did you find a solution?
I have the same problem!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SAMBA\CIFS share not accesible0