• 3(current)
[RELEASE] xbTweet - a Twitter Script for XBMC (notify your followers from XBMC)
I maybe somekind of noob here... but I don't get this thing to work Sad

Which of the skins support the script things mentioned in your skin integration page?!
And does that mean lyrics and subtitle scrips won't work anymore?
Smile 
cloverfield Wrote:I maybe somekind of noob here... but I don't get this thing to work Sad

Which of the skins support the script things mentioned in your skin integration page?!
And does that mean lyrics and subtitle scrips won't work anymore?

Skin Integration is available, but I need someone to pick up the glove and create a dedicated button for it on the skin. The script has to prove itself before anyone would do that Smile. So, yes, for now you have to give us your subtitle or lyrics buttons, or better yet, do what I do and use a keyboard/controller button for it.

Tell me if it works out ok...
mr. kav Wrote:Skin Integration is available, but I need someone to pick up the glove and create a dedicated button for it on the skin. The script has to prove itself before anyone would do that Smile. So, yes, for now you have to give us your subtitle or lyrics buttons, or better yet, do what I do and use a keyboard/controller button for it.

Tell me if it works out ok...

It doesn't work out for me, mainly because of the subtitles script, which is under the needed button (Alaska Final has a subtitle button now).
But I did try it while watching a movie... didn't find it on my twitter page! Sad
Btw: the movie did pause and the osd controls were onscreen...

I am logged in (with username/password), so it looks like it would work...!?
Exclamation 
cloverfield Wrote:It doesn't work out for me, mainly because of the subtitles script, which is under the needed button (Alaska Final has a subtitle button now).
But I did try it while watching a movie... didn't find it on my twitter page! Sad
Btw: the movie did pause and the osd controls were onscreen...

I am logged in (with username/password), so it looks like it would work...!?

Weird... any chance you can set 'Debug log' in the script's settings page and pastebin the log file?

Thanks.
Smile 
Hi guys,

xbTweet beta version 0.904 released. You can grab it here.
This new version of xbTweet as many new features and updates:
- Notifications from your timeline
- Better information links
- More user interface
- Multiple path exclusions
- Many small bug fixes and updates

Notifications
Receive notifications while watching movies or playing music.
You can specify when and how you wish to be notified about in the script's settings page.
Experimental: TwitterFall - see your timeline while watching a movie or listening to your music. This version offers you to have tweets appearing on the right side of your screen.

Better information links
Let your followers to read more about what you're playing.
When activated in the script's setting page, xbTweet will include a short link in your tweets that will take your followers to imdb/thetvdb.com/last.fm to read more about the content.

User interface
You can now be better informed about any authentication issues with Twitter, follow the on-screen instructions in case you need to.

Multiple path exclusions
Now you can specify up to 3 different paths to exclude.
Just use the script's settings page to specify what paths you wish excluded, note that this includes sub-folders.

Read more about the project on xbtweet.googlecode.com
Follow me on @itayw

I want to give it a few days of testing before releasing it to the public SVN, so your feedback will be much appreciated.

Note: I expect to release version 0.905 during next week which will include better support for translations and more tag control options.

Enjoy,
--mr. kav
Smile 
xbTweet just reached 100 registered users!
Thanks for everyone who downloaded the script, but please post some feedbacks reporting bugs and other issues.

I want to release a proper stable and translated version after the weekend and could really use some more pointers.

Thanks and enjoy,
--mr. kav
Just installed this script with SVN Repo Installer. Two questions:

- Does this script auto-start with XBMC ?
- How do i get to the settingspage en how do i enable 0auth ?

Tnx !

ps: using XBMC live installed to hd with Alaska skin.
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
piotr Wrote:Just installed this script with SVN Repo Installer. Two questions:

IIRC the version in the svn repo Installer is outdated. Get the v0.904 from http://code.google.com/p/xbtweet/

Go to your Scripts and rightclick ob xbtweet. There are the Settings where you can select auto-start of xbtweet and setup 0auth (which btw didn't work for me, i use regular authentication).

@mr. kav: Please add a Tag like %EPISODENUMBER% (Better with the option of leading zero). So its possible to create tweet like: "Watching 'TheShield' S04E02 'Grave' ...."
thx for the nice script.
I can't get this to work on my XBMC on XBOX. I posted the error I am getting on pastebin http://pastebin.com/iNALxaym Could anyone help me with this. Is it supposed to work on a modded XBOX?
Does this work on linux? ubuntu ?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
piotr Wrote:Just installed this script with SVN Repo Installer. Two questions:

Tnx !

ps: using XBMC live installed to hd with Alaska skin.
Hi Henchmanc,

Did you place the script in your scripts fiolder? the error you pasted should appear if the script is wrongly placed in the plugins dir.

Thanks,
mr. kav
--mr. kav
rflores2323 Wrote:Does this work on linux? ubuntu ?
Hi rflores2323,

Yes, this should work very well on Linux. There are a few users using it with Linux.

mr. kav
--mr. kav
pred Wrote:IIRC the version in the svn repo Installer is outdated. Get the v0.904 from http://code.google.com/p/xbtweet/

Go to your Scripts and rightclick ob xbtweet. There are the Settings where you can select auto-start of xbtweet and setup 0auth (which btw didn't work for me, i use regular authentication).

@mr. kav: Please add a Tag like %EPISODENUMBER% (Better with the option of leading zero). So its possible to create tweet like: "Watching 'TheShield' S04E02 'Grave' ...."
thx for the nice script.
Thanks pred for your feedback.
I added your request to the issues page.

mr. kav
--mr. kav
Smile 
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you can lend me a hand with some translation to a small script I wrote. xbTweet allows you to connect your xbmc to Twitter and tweet what you're playing to your followers. You can also see your timeline notifications on your screen while playing.

I think I reached a stable version and I want to offer additional languages other than English. Here's where you guys come in, if you have a few spare minutes and you can contribute to the translation effort I'd appreciate it very much Smile.

You can find the strings.xml file here. by the way, the Swedish translation is out of date.

THANKS A LOT!
--mr. kav
Information 
Hi everyone,

After a while I'm back again with a new version of xbTweet.
It managed to generate a few users and I hope you're all enjoying it, keep posting feedback and feature requests.

You can grab the new version from here. I'll take about a week to work on translations and minor bug fixes you'll find (hopefully) before I upload it to SVN REPO.

This version highlights:
- Notifications from your timeline
- Proxy accounts
- OAuth support for XBOX and Linux users
- Better information links
- More user interface
- Multiple path exclusions
- Many small bug fixes and updates

Notifications
Receive notifications while watching movies or playing music.
You can specify when and how you wish to be notified about in the script's settings page.

Proxy Accounts
You can now setup two different acccounts on xbTweet, one for tweeting what you're playing and the other for receiving timeline notifications.

OAuth support for XBOX and Linux users
XBOX and Linux users can now obtain an OAuth PIN code from twitter using the Project's (xbtweet.googlecode.com) wiki page dedicated for it.

Better information links
Let your followers to read more about what you're playing.
When activated in the script's setting page, xbTweet will include a short link in your tweets that will take your followers to imdb/thetvdb.com/last.fm to read more about the content.

User interface
You can now be better informed about any authentication issues with Twitter, follow the on-screen instructions in case you need to.

Multiple path exclusions
Now you can specify up to 3 different paths to exclude.
Just use the script's settings page to specify what paths you wish excluded, note that this includes sub-folders.

I also need your help with translations and I'll post it on a different thread so it gets a bigger audience.

ENJOY!
--mr. kav
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] xbTweet - a Twitter Script for XBMC (notify your followers from XBMC)3