Just moved from aeon and few questions
Loving this skin been on aeon since it launched and didn't think I'd change but really like the impact of this much cleaner skin, not even using fanart any more I like the design so much.

There's a lot I'm glad to be done with as aeon got a bit busy but there's a few things I really miss, I've searched through a lot of threads but wondered if the following could be cleared up.

1. Is there any way to display the mpaa (or in my case bbfc) rating with the flags on the poster view.

2. Are there any plans to incorporate a way to launch trailers from views without needing to go into info then the menu then choose to watch it and always start full screen.
2a. If no plans for this does anyone know a way to assign playing trailers to a remote button?

3. Is there any plan/way to add extra buttons to the home menu. either via a submenu or pref as an additional item, really miss having my iplayer launch from front screen.

4. Will there ever be a kiosk mode implemented to take away ability of other family members pissing about with stuff?
craigd Wrote:3. Is there any plan/way to add extra buttons to the home menu. either via a submenu or pref as an additional item, really miss having my iplayer launch from front screen.

I am anxiously awaiting this information as well, as I did like (modded) Aeon's (thank oyou Hitcher, et al) ability to customize the Main Menu with "favourites", which is where I, personally, added the Apple Trailers applet.

craigd Wrote:4. Will there ever be a kiosk mode implemented to take away ability of other family members pissing about with stuff?

I removed 'Settings' from my Main Menu (which is still accessible by the 'S' key, of course) but I do see what you mean in regards to the Context Menu still being available from a directional keyclick. I think your idea has merit, and I hope the developers see it too.
2) Most, actually I think all, views in Alaska have 2 ways to reach the options/context menu by pressing the opposite way in which you are navigating.

If you want a quick and easy trailer mod in Poster view, put this in(Viewtype_Poster.xml):
Quote:<ondown>XBMC.PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer],1,noresume)</ondown>

in place of what was there:
Quote:<ondown>7000</ondown>

Now they play in the small 'Now Playing' box, do the same for any other view you want.
mcborzu Wrote:2) Most, actually I think all, views in Alaska have 2 ways to reach the options/context menu by pressing the opposite way in which you are navigating.

If you want a quick and easy trailer mod in Poster view, put this in(Viewtype_Poster.xml):

in place of what was there:

Now they play in the small 'Now Playing' box, do the same for any other view you want.

That's awsome than you so much for that.

Do you know if there is an easy edit to make the now playing window a bit bigger and this solution will be perfect?
Play with x/y values and width/height values of these controls inside VideoOverlay.xml:
PHP Code:
            <control type="image">
                <
width>292</width>
                <
height>166</height>
                <
texture>common/white.png</texture>
                <
bordertexture border="8">common/thumb_border.png</bordertexture>
                <
bordersize>8</bordersize>
                <
aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
            </
control>
            <
control type="videowindow" id="1">
                <
description>Video Preview</description>
                <
posx>8</posx>
                <
posy>8</posy>
                <
width>276</width>
                <
height>150</height>
            </
control
craigd Wrote:3. Is there any plan/way to add extra buttons to the home menu. either via a submenu or pref as an additional item, really miss having my iplayer launch from front screen.
I'll be adding a blank 'Custom Button' for all submenus that can easily be edited to open whatever you want for the next release.

Here's how I've added the iPlayer to the TV Shows submenu -

Open up the Includes_Home_1.xml and look for
PHP Code:
<control type="button" id="3506">
    <
label>10017</label>
    <
onclick>ActivateWindow(VideosSettings)</onclick>
    <include>
Home_MainMenuLabel</include>
    <
visible allowhiddenfocus="false">!Skin.HasSetting(hidetvsettings)</visible>
</
control
and simply add this code below it
PHP Code:
<!-- Custom Button -->
<
control type="button" id="3507">
    <
label>iPlayer TV</label>
    <
onclick>ActivateWindow(24,plugin://video/IPlayer/?tvradio=tv)</onclick>

<include>Home_MainMenuLabel</include>
</
control
Hitcher Wrote:I'll be adding a blank 'Custom Button' for all submenus that can easily be edited to open whatever you want for the next release.

I don't know why, but suddenly, the lyrics to "Have I told you lately that I love you?" are running through my head. (In a completely platonic heterosexual way, of course.)

You da man!

Nod

Oh, will there be a limit to the number of "Custom Buttons"?
No limit - you can simply copy the code again for each consecutive button you add making sure you increase the id by 1 each time.
And here's how to add 'iPlayer Radio' to Music.

Find
PHP Code:
<control type="button" id="3308">
    <
label>10015</label>
    <
onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicSettings)</onclick>
    <include>
Home_MainMenuLabel</include>
    <
visible allowhiddenfocus="false">!Skin.HasSetting(hidemusicsettings)</visible>
</
control
add
PHP Code:
<!-- Custom Button -->
<
control type="button" id="3309">
    <
label>iPlayer Radio</label>
    <
onclick>ActivateWindow(24,plugin://video/IPlayer/?tvradio=radio)</onclick>

<include>Home_MainMenuLabel</include>
</
control
Thanks for all the help guys Big Grin

edited the videos button to be iplayer as kept messing stuff up creating a new one

and got the now playing window to fill bottom quarter perfectly with down activating trailer

loving alaska
Extra buttons on home screen as well as the capability of removing all sub-menus from tv shows and movies buttons would be awesome.
craigd Wrote:and got the now playing window to fill bottom quarter perfectly with down activating trailer

I'm loving the look. Would you mind sharing some of the code with the group?

Nod
Looks pretty nice
DurhamDev Wrote:I'm loving the look. Would you mind sharing some of the code with the group?

Nod

as advised by mcborzu, edited posterview down action then edited VideoOverlay to the following...

Code:
<!--Alaska-->

<window id="2004">
    <defaultcontrol>-</defaultcontrol>
    <animation type="WindowOpen">
        <effect type="slide" start="-600,0" end="0,0" time="600" tween="cubic" easing="out" delay="800" />
        <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="600" delay="800" />
    </animation>
    <animation type="WindowClose">
        <effect type="slide" start="0,0" end="-200,0" time="600" tween="cubic" easing="out" />
        <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="600" />
    </animation>
    <controls>

<control type="label">
            <include>WindowID</include>
            <label>VideoOverlay.xml</label>
            <visible>Skin.HasSetting(debugmode)</visible>
        </control>

<control type="group">
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,30" time="200" condition="!system.getbool(lookandfeel.enablerssfeeds) | Skin.HasSetting(RSS_only_on_home) + !Window.IsActive(home) + !Window.IsVisible(2006)">Conditional</animation>
            <posx>20</posx>
            <posy>420</posy>
            <control type="image">
                <width>448</width>
                <height>251</height>
                <texture>common/white.png</texture>
                <bordertexture border="8">common/thumb_border.png</bordertexture>
                <bordersize>8</bordersize>
                <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
            </control>
            <control type="videowindow" id="1">
                <description>Video Preview</description>
                <posx>8</posx>
                <posy>8</posy>
                <width>432</width>
                <height>235</height>
            </control>
            <control type="label">
                <posx>456</posx>
                <posy>186</posy>
                <width>288</width>
                <height>60</height>
                <aligny>center</aligny>
                <font>Font_ListDetail</font>
                <label>$LOCALIZE[13350][CR][b][color=NowPlayingTrack]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Title][/color][/b][CR][color=NowPlayingAlbum]$INFO[VideoPlayer.TVShowTitle][/color]</label>
                <textcolor>NowPlayingArtist</textcolor>
                <wrapmultiline>true</wrapmultiline>
                <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-40" time="200" condition="Window.IsActive(PlayerControls)">Conditional</animation>
            </control>
        </control>

<include>Object_DebugGrid</include>

</controls>
</window>

the changes are to the position of the window, size of border, size of video and position of text at the bottom of the file.

I'm not 100% on it but in the meantime it gives me trailers and the rest of the skin is far superior to the others at the moment.
IF you want to go a little farther and have the original now playing window for everything else and the big window for trailers...

Put this bolded part on the original window:
Quote: <control type="group">
<visible>!substring(VideoPlayer.Title,-trailer)</visible>

And then this on the new trailer window:
Quote: <control type="group">
<visible>substring(VideoPlayer.Title,-trailer)</visible>

Which means the original window wont show during trailers and the trailer window will only show during trailers...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just moved from aeon and few questions1