haali media splitter
Hey all,

i had been using xbmc for a long time. switched to wmc in 7.

but now with the release of camelot i have decided to come back to xbmc as its a much better system. in the past i have used haali media splitter for mkv files but now it doesnt seem to be loading up when i launch a mkv movie in xbmc. Does anyone know of the best solution some movies play fine currently but others stutter with audio and video a little.

Sorry if this has been disccussed before. i did a lot of searching but didnt find anything.

Thanks in advance
haali won't load because xbmc uses its own splitter internally. infact, xbmc handles all decoding, playback, splitting and muxing internally. no other codecs are required.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
gotcha thanks for the reply. But there is no way not to do this? for some reason i can get a couple movies to play fine out of xbmc with haali but as soon as i try to play within xbmc the audio is very jumpy.

EDIT **** looks like i found the issue when i enable the DTS in XMBC. it seems to throw my sony receiver off and the (LFE) keeps flashing. and that is when the sound is getting jumpy. Has anyone else had this issue with LFE.

I am running optical into my reveiver and the blue light comes on for multi channel in. but then the LFE light keeps coming on and messing up my audio. any help would be appreciated.
hello. i just found xbmc so im looking around forums and specs.
as written above, xbmc is using its own codecs, splitters etc - much like VLC.
hadrware acceleration in xbmc is not that good(with DSPlayer for example) , that could be reason of those problems(using xbmc, CPU needs to take care of whole load).
for example media player classic with haali splitter(or newer MPC HC - http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/ ) with GPU acceleration can run .mkv files with x264 encoding better than vanilla xbmc.

there is one way around tho. i found this topic: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43511

it seems that you can specify which file extensions should be played in external player - for example using media player classic HC with haali media splitter for .mkv files.

i hope this helps. im not sure if im right(coz i found this software and forum about 40minutes ago Smile ), i will install xbmc at home and try it myselves when i will have some spare time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
haali media splitter0