Movies and shows randomly lock up with infinite sound loop
Sad 
I was wondering if anyone has any pointers on this recent and frustrating issue. I'm running XBMC 9.11 on Win7 RC and Aeon65 skin.

Now, I am pulling video files from a NAS wirelessly. However, resetting the NAS and the WiFi adapter don't seem to have an effect. I did not have this issue until I I upgraded from XBMC 9.11b2 to Final. I run Mediabrowser and Boxee as well, and they perform without this issue.

Occasionally, during video playback, XBMC will appear to "hang" or crash. The video will freeze while the last half of second of audio will play in an endless loop. It appears to occur across a wide cross-section of videos of different lengths, codecs and file sizes.

Activating logging today, I finally managed to catch one of these "crashes" in xbmc.log:

http://pastebin.ca/1744421

In summary, please refer to Line 4035 at 11:52AM where I begin to play the movie. Earlier in the log I am performing a new content scan and playing several other files.

The lockup appears at Line 4196 at 12:00PM about 7min30sec later. The movie locks up in an endless sound loop while the Pause overlay and the word "Buffering" appears on screen.

During this period, XBMC becomes completely unresponsive. Keypresses generate the proper audio keytones but XBMC does not react. You can alt-tab back to Windows desktop. Windows Task Manager will list XBMC as "Not Responding".

This lasts for a couple minutes until 12:01. XBMC spontaneously exits the video and returns to the Movies menu. I now exit the UI normally and without incident. No error message from XBMC or Windows is ever shown.

Any help you folks can give will be greatly appreciated!
Upgraded to Rev26321-dx in hopes this would go away, but no luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies and shows randomly lock up with infinite sound loop0