What's the difference in Keymap.xml & Remote.xml?
Thanks for the post Neo_83. You clarified what I was not understanding. Hopefully, I'll be able to get this working now. Which Harmony remote do you have?

If you don't mind, could you post a screen shot of the Harmony software button config? Not sure if you use the web interface, or the awful local software. Wink I'm pretty sure I understand what you did there (i.e. mapped an extra button for not used Zoom function, then one for Disc Skip, etc). Just want to be sure I'm on the same page.
Yes, thanks for that neo. Looks like my config files are setup correctly. Maybe my problem is with the Lirc codes.

@GhostDog - when I run mode2 -raw -d /dev/lirc0 and press my custom buttons four codes are returned. They are all the same, but each one is displayed back in the terminal 4 times for each button press. Did you see this behavior with your 880 when aquiring the codes?

Had you already setup you custom button labels and mapped them to the un-used buttons first? I would think you would have to for a code for that un-used button to be assigned in Harmony software to your custom button.
hogfan Wrote:Yes, thanks for that neo. Looks like my config files are setup correctly. Maybe my problem is with the Lirc codes.

@GhostDog - when I run mode2 -raw -d /dev/lirc0 and press my custom buttons four codes are returned. They are all the same, but each one is displayed back in the terminal 4 times for each button press. Did you see this behavior with your 880 when aquiring the codes?

Yeah, four codes are returned. This is normal. You should be getting a different 0x** code for each button pressed, but it will be displayed 4 times.

hogfan Wrote:Had you already setup you custom button labels and mapped them to the un-used buttons first? I would think you would have to for a code for that un-used button to be assigned in Harmony software to your custom button.

Exactly. I setup the custom label buttons in the Harmony software first. I'm hoping Neos_83 will show a screen shot of his so we can compare.
I kinda have this working, I can now shut down my xbox with my harmony Smile Smile Smile.... but I have just found out that the Xbox DVD dongle does not support S3 wake up, which was the whole point for me Sad. just ordered a IR reciver that does.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...3442wt_939

This also might be of interest.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54466

its about setting up the Harmony as a MCE keyboard.
Sounds we are on the same page Ghostdog. I'm going to look back over my configs, but it looks like mine should be working. I'll update with any progress.
I'm golden now! Got all my custom mappings working on the 880! I'm going to put together a tutorial this week for this since it took so long for me.

Thanks very much to GhostDog & Neos_8. Here are my current working config files:

lircd.conf

Code:
begin remote

name  XboxDVDDongle
    bits           8

begin codes

SELECT         0x0b
        UP             0xa6
        DOWN           0xa7
        RIGHT          0xa8
        LEFT           0xa9
        INFO           0xc3
        9              0xc6
        8              0xc7
        7              0xc8
        6              0xc9
        5              0xca
        4              0xcb
        3              0xcc
        2              0xcd
        1              0xce
        0              0xcf
        DISPLAY        0xd5
        BACK           0xd8
        SKIP-          0xdd
        SKIP+          0xdf
        STOP           0xe0
        REVERSE        0xe2
        FORWARD        0xe3
        TITLE          0xe5
        PAUSE          0xe6
        PLAY           0xea
        MENU           0xf7

#My Harmony 880 Custom Button Codes
        UPVID           0xc5
    UPMUS           0xb8
    WEATHER           0x6f
    FILEMAN           0xb3
    RESET           0xfa
    REBOOT           0x6b
    CLEANVID       0xb5
    CLEANMUS       0x4f
    SCREENSHOT     0xa5
    end codes
end remote

lircmap.xml
Code:
<lircmap>

<remote device="XboxDVDDongle">
        <play>PLAY</play>
        <pause>PAUSE</pause>
        <stop>STOP</stop>
        <forward>FORWARD</forward>
        <reverse>REVERSE</reverse>
        <left>LEFT</left>
        <right>RIGHT</right>
        <up>UP</up>
        <down>DOWN</down>
        <select>SELECT</select>
        <back>BACK</back>
        <menu>MENU</menu>
        <title>TITLE</title>
        <info>INFO</info>
        <skipplus>SKIP+</skipplus>
        <skipminus>SKIP-</skipminus>
        <display>DISPLAY</display>
        <one>1</one>
        <two>2</two>
        <three>3</three>
        <four>4</four>
        <five>5</five>
        <six>6</six>
        <seven>7</seven>
        <eight>8</eight>
        <nine>9</nine>
        <zero>0</zero>
<!-- My Custom Buttons -->
        <obc117>UPVID</obc117>
        <obc71>UPMUS</obc71>
        <obc58>WEATHER</obc58>
        <obc76>FILEMAN</obc76>
        <obc90>RESET</obc90>
        <obc80>REBOOT</obc80>
        <obc144>CLEANVID</obc144>
        <obc176>CLEANMUS</obc176>
        <obc132>SCREENSHOT</obc132>
    </remote>

</lircmap>

remote.xml (only the universal remote section that should be inserted)
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
      <universalremote>
          <obc117>XBMC.UpdateLibrary(video)</obc117>
          <obc71>XBMC.UpdateLibrary(music)</obc71>
          <obc58>XBMC.ReplaceWindow(weather)</obc58>
          <obc76>XBMC.ReplaceWindow(filemanager)</obc76>
          <obc90>XBMC.RestartApp</obc90>
        <obc80>XBMC.Reboot</obc80>
        <obc144>XBMC.CleanLibrary(video)</obc144>
        <obc176>XBMC.CleanLibrary(music)</obc176>
        <obc132>XBMC.TakeScreenshot</obc132>
    </universalremote>

I change two things (other than adding a couple of additional buttons).

1.) I removed all other remotes except XboxDVDDongle from the Lircmap.xml

2.) In my remote.xml in the <obcxx> tags, I had forgotten to close one of the obc xml tags (</obcxx>). This is VERY important and was most likely why my remote was not working. Just a heads up on this to save others the grief and time.
I got it working now too. Thanks guys.

I'll probably continue to tinker with the setup, but at least I now understand how to do it. It wasn't that hard after all. Wink The obc# thing had me confused. I didn't know you could just use any number that wasn't already used.

I'd like to be able to power on my htpc, but I not sure if it'll work. Not a big deal if I can't do it with the Xbox DVD dongle.
@GhostDog

From what I've read, power on will not work with the XboxDVDDongle IR unit. I will probably tweak my setup a bit too in the future when I see from using XBMC what it would be nice to have a single button for.

As for the OBC codes, I didn't you could just use made-up codes that weren't in use either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's the difference in Keymap.xml & Remote.xml?0