Remote buying advice
I am buying a new remote/ir receiver bundle for my XBMC Windows (Windows 7 64bit) setup and would like any advice on the best setup to buy.

I've read the Remote Control Reviews section and it looks like the original MS remote is the best overall, but then it mentions that if you use windows you're going to have to configure it to send keypresses.

Wouldn't I just want to buy a remote that sends keypresses instead?

I also have a Harmony that I could configure to work with it instead, but the MCE remotes seem like they have a better layout.

For those that are using a remote with Windows which would you recommend?

Thanks

I just found the thread explaining the differences between MCE remotes. Is there a way to delete this post?
brj8826 Wrote:I just found the thread explaining the differences between MCE remotes. Is there a way to delete this post?

Don't worry about it; the thread might be of interest to others asking the same question.

Incidentally, you ask:

Quote:I've read the Remote Control Reviews section and it looks like the original MS remote is the best overall, but then it mentions that if you use windows you're going to have to configure it to send keypresses.

Wouldn't I just want to buy a remote that sends keypresses instead?

The point is that with the MS remote you can configure any button to send any keystroke. You don't have this flexibility with the cheaper remotes. For example a popular move is to reprogram the Windows button to send ctrl-shift-X so you can use it to open XBMC.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote buying advice0