CU Lyrics in Transparency!
I really enjoy the CU Lyrics script in combination with the Transparency! skin.
The functionality where you scroll page by page works satisfactory, but have you ever considered implementing a feature where the text scrolls automatically, and you can increase/decrease the speed of the auto-scrolling with the up/down arrow of the remote? This feature will enable you to find the individual speed of every song by a few mouse clicks. Ideally, also the speed you select for a given song could be stored as a file so that the next time you play this song it will use the customized speed you configured the last time you played the song.
Just an idea Wink
Thanks & regards,
Thomas
Amet has been working on a autoscroll feature for CU lyrics,
but it's not possible to manually adjust the autoscroll speed in xbmc.

have a look at the LRC Lyrics script, it kinda does what you're looking for and no manual adjustment will be needed.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
OK - thanks for the feedback. I have earlier had a look at LRC Lyrics, but if I understand correctly this seems like more of a high maintenance solution and with less lyrics coverage than the CU Lyrics script. One thing I love about both Transparency! and CU Lyrics is that it simply just works out of the box:-) I look forward to the autoscrolling from Amet, but I assume he will also be limited from editing speed setting given by XBMC ?
One additional thing: Have you considered moving the lyrics away from the center of the screen and all the way to the right in order to show of more of the fanart (for most fanart the important part of the image is in the middle of the screen) ? I am not sure if this would actually look good GUI wise though...
Again, thanks!
PS: I look forward to test the tweaks you made on the fanart slideshow feature in the upcoming release :-)
thomash72 Wrote:OK - thanks for the feedback. I have earlier had a look at LRC Lyrics, but if I understand correctly this seems like more of a high maintenance solution and with less lyrics coverage than the CU Lyrics script. One thing I love about both Transparency! and CU Lyrics is that it simply just works out of the box:-) I look forward to the autoscrolling from Amet, but I assume he will also be limited from editing speed setting given by XBMC ?

i don't know what scripts can do, but from a skinning point of view the scrollspeed is hardcoded in the xml. though technically i might be possible to let the user select the speed from a number of pre-defined options.

thomash72 Wrote:One additional thing: Have you considered moving the lyrics away from the center of the screen and all the way to the right in order to show of more of the fanart (for most fanart the important part of the image is in the middle of the screen) ? I am not sure if this would actually look good GUI wise though...

i think that would look a bit off-center...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU Lyrics in Transparency!0