Custom Submenu Items for Home Style 1 [Alaska only]
All custom submenu buttons are found in the Includes_HomeCustomButtons.xml

Simply add the label and path in the Button control, remove the <visible>false</visible> tag, and then add image path in the image control.

ie

Before -
PHP Code:
<!--TV Sub Menu-->
<include 
name="CustomTVButtons">
    <
control type="button" id="3507">
        <
label>-</label>
        <
onclick>-</onclick>
        <include>
Home_MainMenuLabel</include>
        <
visible>false</visible>
    </
control>
</include>
<include 
name="CustomTVImages">
    <
control type="image">
        <include>
Home_MainMenuIconF</include>
        <
texture diffuse="mainmenu/homematte.png" fallback="backdrops/tvshows.jpg">-</texture>
        <
visible>ControlGroup(3500).HasFocus() + ControlGroup(3500).HasFocus(3507)</visible>
    </
control>
</include> 

PHP Code:
<!--TV Sub Menu-->
<include 
name="CustomTVButtons">
    <
control type="button" id="3507">
        <
label>$LOCALIZE[40170]</label>
        <
onclick>ActivateWindow(24,plugin://video/IPlayer/?tvradio=tv)</onclick>

<include>Home_MainMenuLabel</include>
    </
control>
</include>
<include 
name="CustomTVImages">
    <
control type="image">
        <include>
Home_MainMenuIconF</include>
        <
texture diffuse="mainmenu/homematte.png" fallback="backdrops/tvshows.jpg">customimages/iplayer.jpg</texture>
        <
visible>ControlGroup(3500).HasFocus() + ControlGroup(3500).HasFocus(3507)</visible>
    </
control>
</include> 

To add more buttons just copy and paste the complete group making sure to change the button id and visible condition, in this case change both 3507 instances to 3508.
Question 
Hi Hitcher!

First all, let me say you that i really love this skin, you have done a fantastic work! I love the clean and minimal style.

I'm trying to add some custom submenu items but with no success. I've followed your instructions here, but i can't see the new icons anywhere. Where does it supposed to be? I've changed the visible tag to true, but icon is not being shown...

kind regards and keep up the good work! Big Grin
You just press down to access the submenus and your new entries will appear at the bottom.

Any more problems then please post the xml here.
I'm pressing down, and nothing happens Blush
Here is my code:

Code:
<!--Settings Sub Menu-->
    <include name="CustomSettingsButtons">
        <control type="button" id="3808">
            <label>$LOCALIZE[130]</label>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(systeminfo)</onclick>
            <include>Home_MainMenuLabel</include>
            <visible>true</visible>
        </control>
    </include>
    <include name="CustomSettingsImages">
        <control type="image">
            <include>Home_MainMenuIconF</include>
            <texture diffuse="mainmenu/homematte.png" fallback="backdrops/settings.jpg">homeicons/sysinfoicon.png</texture>
            <visible>ControlGroup(3800).HasFocus() + ControlGroup(3800).HasFocus(3808)</visible>
        </control>
    </include>
<!--End-->
Works for me.

I'm using home style 2, with amora icons... may be that's the problem?
Only Home style 1 has submenus.
ok, i see... it could be nice to have this feature also in home style 2, may be that you can add it in next release...

For the moment, it could be useful a little advice in your first post.

Thanks for your time Hitcher, regards
Is there a way to use this to open video sources?

For example instead of going into the Video windows, I would use the submenus to get directly into each of the sources I have added.

Possible?
joebanana Wrote:Is there a way to use this to open video sources?

For example instead of going into the Video windows, I would use the submenus to get directly into each of the sources I have added.

Possible?

I would like that too, like a submenu entry for file mode.
Yes that's entirely possible.

The easiest way is to add the source in question to your Favourites (highlight it and bring up the Context menu), then open your favourites.xml (found in the Userdata folder) and simply copy the path.

Here's an example -

PHP Code:
<favourite name="Movies">ActivateWindow(10024,multipath://smb%3a%2f%2fHAL%2dNAS%2fMedia%2fMovies%5fHD%2f/smb%3a%2f%2fHAL%2dNAS%2fusbdisk1%2fMedia%2fMovies%5fHD%2f/smb%3a%2f%2fHAL%2dNAS%2fusbdisk1%2fMedia%2fMovies%5fSD%2f/)</favourite> 
Hitcher, how can i do the same but opening a plugin? (that i've added to vafourites; it's a video plugin). I've tried using RunPlugin but i'm afraid that this only runs the plugin, but does not show the screen...

regards,
Hitcher Wrote:Yes that's entirely possible.

The easiest way is to add the source in question to your Favourites (highlight it and bring up the Context menu), then open your favourites.xml (found in the Userdata folder) and simply copy the path.

Here's an example -

PHP Code:
<favourite name="Movies">ActivateWindow(10024,multipath://smb%3a%2f%2fHAL%2dNAS%2fMedia%2fMovies%5fHD%2f/smb%3a%2f%2fHAL%2dNAS%2fusbdisk1%2fMedia%2fMovies%5fHD%2f/smb%3a%2f%2fHAL%2dNAS%2fusbdisk1%2fMedia%2fMovies%5fSD%2f/)</favourite> 

Nice. I will give that a try and let you know the outcome.
This is getting really nice. My friends are in awe about such a nice looking HTPC thanks to you! Cool
fidoboy Wrote:Hitcher, how can i do the same but opening a plugin? (that i've added to vafourites; it's a video plugin). I've tried using RunPlugin but i'm afraid that this only runs the plugin, but does not show the screen...

regards,
What does it look like in your favourites?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Submenu Items for Home Style 1 [Alaska only]0