How do you make trailers work?
First off, Im sorry. This has most likely been discussed somewhere before but it seems I cant find anything concrete about it. :o

My question is very simple. How do you get trailers to work?
Do you need a 3rd party program to download or add links to trailers and that also edits your nfo files?

Cheers
You can let XBMC grab the trailers for you. It can be enabled in the section where you define your video sources and select the scraper for this source. There is a button 'settings' under which you can find 'Get trailers from dtrailers' (or something similar).

Not sure how to get the trailers for your existing library. What i did was manually refresh information for all my movies.
geez ... i had a feeling i was going to be embarrassed asking this question.
Is it that simple? I have totaly missed that ><

Thx for the reply!
That doens't work for me. When I tap info, the text "view trailer" is red, and unavailable Sad
If I do the trailer (files) into the movie folder with the name <movie>-trailer.ext, it gets its own library entry... Sad
cloverfield Wrote:That doens't work for me. When I tap info, the text "view trailer" is red, and unavailable Sad
If I do the trailer (files) into the movie folder with the name <movie>-trailer.ext, it gets its own library entry... Sad

Did you refresh the info for your movies after you enabled grabbing trailers from dtrailers?
Thanks for the tip...works for me (I guess it downloads the reference to the trailer and streams it when you play it). I thought I read somewhere that there was a visual indication on the main movie window for each movie indicting if there was a trailer available to watch or not...am I mistaken or if not, how do I enable that? Thanks.
Hitcher, is it possible to map the down button to stop the trailer once it is running (and maybe hold the down button to view the trailer in full screen)?

Edit: just see the post is moved. Just to clarify: my question was for the Alaska skin.
Press STOP to stop it.

Press TAB to fullscreen.
Personally I download the HD 480p trailers from quicktime there not very large great quality and never disappear like streams Wink

If anyone wants to do the same you need a plugin for firefox called "Embedded Objects"
cloverfield Wrote:If I do the trailer (files) into the movie folder with the name <movie>-trailer.ext, it gets its own library entry... Sad

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=AdvancedSett...listing.3E
Hitcher Wrote:Press STOP to stop it.

Press TAB to fullscreen.

Yeah, I guessed something like that, thing is i'm on an Apple tv without keyboard. So I was hoping stopping and fullscreen would be possible with the remote only.
Elbert Wrote:Yeah, I guessed something like that, thing is i'm on an Apple tv without keyboard. So I was hoping stopping and fullscreen would be possible with the remote only.

Get a new remote with more buttons.
Lol, that would also be an option Wink
Elbert Wrote:Did you refresh the info for your movies after you enabled grabbing trailers from dtrailers?

cant even find this option ....

EDIT: found it ><
Elbert Wrote:Did you refresh the info for your movies after you enabled grabbing trailers from dtrailers?

I've installed Alaska Final, and the skin has trailer icons on the movies. Some have (like cloverfield) and some don't (angels and demons). When I refresh the information, it still isn't there!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you make trailers work?0