[MOD] simple mod for static music info + fanart + record label logo
This is the only thing I changed for now:

<texture fallback="smb://fileserver/Backdrops/Music/fanart.jpg">smb://fileserver/Backdrops/Music/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist].jpg</texture>

There is a fanart.jpg as well as an Artist.jpg file in the same folder. I chose not to use 1 subfolder per artist.
the only thing you dont see is the fanart ? you can still see the cover the bottom bar with the album/artist/track and time info ?

do you see the fallback fanart cause the other path is wrong. the other path assume you have an image in the music folder name Ex. jason mraz.jpg not inside the artist folder.

if your fanart is name Artist.jpg inside the artist folder you are missing info in the path, it would be something like
Code:
smb://fileserver/Backdrops/Music/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]/artist.jpg

the error seems in how you music folder is organized which I still dont know.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
I don't even see the bar. All I see is the default Now Playing, nothing like your screenshots.

As far as the path goes, it looks like this:

smb://fileserver/Backdrops/Music/fanart.jpg (default)
smb://fileserver/Backdrops/Music/Jay-Z.jpg
smb://fileserver/Backdrops/Music/Jason Mraz.jpg
and so on...

But I guess the problem is that it seems the whole mod is not even being loaded... not sure why.
ichAlex Wrote:what about adding this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFyuRsIsbAE

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53242

you mean my cdArt Aeon mod to Alaska.

I didn't port it to Alaska cause am using an AppleTV with Alaska and the apple tv choke on the cdart mod it wont play smoothly.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Is there something specific to do to "reload" the skin? I tried changing to another skin then back to Alaska but is that enough? Or are the files cached somehow?
joebanana Wrote:Is there something specific to do to "reload" the skin? I tried changing to another skin then back to Alaska but is that enough? Or are the files cached somehow?

suppose to .

but what can you see ? the album, artist info the fallback fanart ? what ?
the path seems to be right.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
I will update XBMC to the latest version, delete Alaska and copy the latest version and we'll see.
Still no luck.
I updated to the last version of XMBC and Alaska, copied the files with the updated path, made sure Visualization was set to None, and all I see is still this:

Oh, you have to switch to music now playing screen, press tab while music is running.
Son of b*tch! It was THAT simple!

I feel bad. A little. Smile
Thanks!
hahahahahahahaha !!!
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Hi reaven,

nice mod, the information bar looks now much cleaner. Good job! But i have a request. I have no fanart in my folders, but only the fanart that xbmc scrapes in his own fanart folders. Can you please use these fanarts for a random slideshow in your background instead of those in the album folder. I dont need exactly the artist in the back when his song is playing. Because now my back is black.

Thanx
Efty
Agreed, the only place I have music fanart is in /userdata/thumbnails/music/fanart

and since they are .tbn files and not jpeg and not named by artist this mod won't work for me.

Is there a way to accomplish just using scraped fanart?
As I told in a pm before I have never use the built in music scrape functions all my fanart I get it and put it manually and I dont know if something like "MusicPlayer.Fanart" exist if that exist I think xbmc could display the fanart from where is store in the thumbnail folder or if something like "Fanart.Image" would work. replace the texture path with one of those to see if works
Code:
<texture>Fanart.Image</texture>
or
Code:
<texture>MusicPlayer.Fanart</texture>
i dont know if this one exist.

if that doesnt work it would be impossible until those functions been add to xbmc because those fanart and all the thumbnails that reside there have an special naming convention it would be impossible to know the name.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
I truly like this mod. Any change adding a spinning CD animation to the cover?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] simple mod for static music info + fanart + record label logo2