[MOD] Random/Cycling Fanart for TV section
I like that idea that was proposed a couple days ago and decided to take it all the way through. I think it is really cool, this video explains it better.

Requirements:
Create a folder at the root of TV show called 'extrafanart', put any images you'd want, like so:
Chuck
----Season 1
-------blah.avi
----Season 2
-------blah.avi
----extrafanart
-------insert any pics you want

Then check Use Multiple/Cycling Fanart for TV shows in skin settings.

***Some Notes***
Every show needs an extrafanart folder or you'll get a black background if the setting is checked. Not sure if you can do any type of fallback or isEmpty to check if there is no image...As you can see in the end of the video sometimes it takes a second to pull an image but I'd say, for me at least, 90% of the time the transitions were smooth

@ronie
ctrl+f the word 'mcborzu' if you want to see what I did

DOWNLOAD
i like it...a lot.
can you think of any reason not to implement it for movies and music as well?

only thing, as you already mentioned, is to find a way to fallback to the regular fanart image if there's no extrafanart folder.

i already have similar support for a artist fanart slideshow in the fullscreen MusicVisualisation and the only fallback i could come up with was to display the slideshow on top of the regular fanart image.
ideas for a better way would be welcome. :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Without a way to fallback I can't see people creating 800 or so extrafanart folders for Movies/Music. Actually, if I/you can find a way to do it then you wouldn't even need a skin setting you could just have that be the default <multiimage>. Then people could just create extrafanart folders on the favorite Movies/TV/Music and the ones they don't would behave normally showing the default static fanart image.

I'm at work now if I can't find a way by tonight I'll ask in the skin support section.
This looks great! If you can find a good fallback option, then I have no doubt this will be a default for a lot of other skins too. Keep up the sweet work. Nod
Wtf, I just proposed it like a week ago, that's fast work Smile

I will give it a go, maybe I'll propose for XBMCstuff downloader to work with this mod!
Ronie,

I implemented this a long time ago for my Aeon mod. It never caught any attention, but I have used it personally myself for a long time. It took some time to get all the fanart together so scraper support is a high recommendation. The only issue I found was for fallback, since isempty won't apply and I don't believe imagepath can have a fallback.

Overall I think it is best to leave it out until full support is available. Trac ticket has been along for a very long time.
Closest I came was this:

Quote:<control type="multiimage">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>
<visible>IsEmpty($INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrafanart\thumb1.jpg])</visible>
</control>

But the IsEmpty kept getting return as true, meaning it was returning there was no thumb1.jpg when there was one...Sad
ekim232 Wrote:Ronie,

I implemented this a long time ago for my Aeon mod. It never caught any attention, but I have used it personally myself for a long time. It took some time to get all the fanart together so scraper support is a high recommendation. The only issue I found was for fallback, since isempty won't apply and I don't believe imagepath can have a fallback.

Overall I think it is best to leave it out until full support is available. Trac ticket has been along for a very long time.

thanx for the info ekim232.

imagepath can have a fallback, but only to a static image and not to an info label...so it's kinda useless in this case.

yeah, native xbmc support would be far better than any workaround...but for the time being.... ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Random/Cycling Fanart for TV section0