Adding Additional Categories to Library
Information 
Hi all,

I cant seem to find any info out there about this issue...

I have the following Content on My PC:

Films
TV Shows
Trailers
HDTV Demos

The file names for the trailers are obviously just the name of the film, so when I "set content" I choose Movies to get the cover art etc..

Under Films I have them all within thier own folder name, and also set the content to Movies.

However, when I then switch to library mode, it groups the trailers and the films under the Movies folder, when obviously I want these seperate.

Id also like the HDTV Demos folder to be displayed in Library mode (There wont be any content to set here, because they are things like SonyTVDemo.ts).

If sure there must be a way of doing this, even if its via a plugin or workaround. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
I don't think there is. And your example is fairly limited, as one could have:

Sport clips
Music videos
Family videos
... and so on and so forth

The library currently stops at the Movies and TV Shows level, as far as recognized and taken care of content is concerned.

If I'm wrong... well, I'd be really happy to be wrong on this.
Yeah exactly, you could have many different categories, so surely it cant be limited to Movies and TV Shows? Huh
Any other suggestions, or is this really not possible?
What I don't get is that there are skins with options for a Music Videos category. But if you activate it, it's just a duplicate of Videos (file view). Maybe we are missing something. Smile
yes you are. you can scan music videos to the library, just like movies and tvshows. read the friendly wiki.
spiff Wrote:yes you are. you can scan music videos to the library, just like movies and tvshows. read the friendly wiki.

Although that doesn't answer my question about adding other categories? Is that possible?
not currently, no.
spiff Wrote:not currently, no.

I am surprised about that.....however, its still excellent software that I will be keeping!

Theres hope for it to be implemented then? as I would have thought a lot of people would want this.
tons of people nag, none has yet stepped up and got it done.
I'm much too lazy to look it up (morning sucks), but if I recall people had relatively decent luck dealing with this issue using profiles (though then you only get to look at one category at a time) and smartplaylists (which I don't spend much time using, so I can't really tell you much about them).
Hi all, I just started my build today after finding a great tutorial on youtube. the buid that I ended up with is very unstable. Long story short, the version I ended up with has categories Genres, Year, actor, Director, and so on. Including room for more that you can name yourself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Additional Categories to Library0