Kiosk Mode
I've seen this mentioned/requested in a few threads, but no real talk about it.

I need this for the rare occasion that I get a baby-sitter and hand them my remote so they can watch something. When I come back, they always manage to screw something up. (even tho I leave in on the Movies, all they have to do is hit play/stop/up/down, I don't understand how they do it)

Any future plans for this, or anyone have a solution they've managed already?
Ha. Look below you in what I just received - if you like code, you'll like this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69521
Does that only lock out changing views though?
joebrady Wrote:Does that only lock out changing views though?

I'm not certain - I'll be working on it in a bit. What else do you think should be locked down? If your babysitter is changing your thumbnails or backgrounds, I'd say it's time to find a new babysitter. (But hey - that's just me.)

Wink
They're usually family and do it for free, so I can't complain too muchWink

But I've notice things like Stacking turned on/off, library mode turned on/off, sorting changed. I'm thinking of a button on the home page, when turned on, only allows navigation, play and stop, that's it. Of course, I'm not sure how easy that is to do, and I'm not the one doing it Wink But I'm happy to give feedback if you want to expand on what you've done already!
You know how if you press the opposite direction you're navigating it brings up that options/context menu...what I posted in that other thread takes that away if you check the setting. So that probably solves 90% of the "What did I do!!??!!" questions you get asked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kiosk Mode0