[WINDOWS] Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Keymap
I had the same issue, i had to change the name of the controller to "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)"

Heres my file see if this one works for you:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dzmhnsxdgbcqnnd

Also like to add that for me the correct left analogue stick inputs are:

Code:
axis limit="-1" id="1"   Left on left stick
axis limit="+1" id="1"   Right on left stick
axis limit="-1" id="2"   Up on left stick
axis limit="+1" id="2"   Down on left stick
Hm, interesting. I had to change the controller string to

Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows)

and I'm up and running.
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
Quick note, thank god, Being able to get rid of Xpadder makes things oh so much easier...

I got this to work, however I still can't get the left analog stick to work, it doesn't look like Rickie's left analog axis values are in the attached xml he posted. I tried the values below, but it doesn't work for the left stick, (and it also stops the regular left DPad from working, so I have to remove the axis variables to get it to work).

<hat id="1" position="up">Up</hat>
<hat id="1" position="down">Down</hat>
<hat id="1" position="left">Left</hat>
<hat id="1" position="right">Right</hat>

<axis limit="-1" id="1">Left</axis>
<axis limit="+1" id="1">Right</axis>
<axis limit="-1" id="2">Up</axis>
<axis limit="+1" id="2">Down/axis>

This is from the Joystick XML. Can someone give me the correct values, or post an XML that works for the left Axis?

PS. I also had to change the controller to "Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows)" for it to work.
This is from my original post on this thread.

Code:
axis limit="-1" id="2"   Up on left stick
axis limit="+1" id="2"   Down on left stick
axis limit="-1" id="3"   Left on left stick
axis limit="+1" id="3"   Right on left stick

I've just always preferred using the D-Pad. If I change, then everyone who's used to it in the house will get upset at me. Smile

So your code should read like this.

Code:
<axis limit="-1" id="3">Left</axis>
<axis limit="+1" id="3">Right</axis>
<axis limit="-1" id="2">Up</axis>
<axis limit="+1" id="2">Down/axis>

If you want to use the D-Pad, give it different functions. I think if you give the same function to to button / sticks etc, then you'll get issues. If you've got the wireless 360 controller like me than these should be the right id's.

Hope this helps.
MagicRat
http://360forwindows.com
MEDIA PC Athlon 64 X2 5600+ - 2GB DDR2-800 Ram - Windows XP SP3 32-Bit - 512MB 9800GT - 2x 360 Wireless Controllers - Antec Fusion Remote Black HTPC Case - 50" 720p (1366x768) Panasonic Plasma
MEDIA STORAGE SERVER Athlon 64 X2 6000+ - 2GB DDR2-800 RAM - Windows XP SP2 32-Bit - 512MB Nvidia 9400GS - 2x 2TB HDD + 1x 1.5TB HDD + 4x 1TB HDD + 4x 500GB HDD + 1x 160GB HDD = 11.66TB Storage
magicrat80, I was wondering if you could take a look at the file that is included with dharma: http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/trunk/syste...roller.xml

It seems to have two new sections, namely: <AddonInformation> and <AddonSettings>. To which buttons have you mapped these in your .xml version?

Thanks in advance.
Got my HTPC up and running and XBMC installed. I have the Wireless Xbox 360 controller for windows. Went with the keymap.xml provided on this thread. I have two gotchas:

1) When strating a DVD from an *.ifo file, I go to the DVD menu. At this point I cannot select the "Play Movie" selection from the menu. In fact I can't select any of the DVD menu options. Anyone know how to fix this?

2) Left trigger scrolls up on a menu listing. Right trigger does the same thing. How do I get the right trigger to scroll down?
:confused2:acer revo 3700. windows 7. followed instructions cant get any response out of xbmc. controller works under windows:confused2: any help getting my 360 controller working under xbmc would be gratly appreciated thanks
Is your Xbox 360 controller wired or wireless? If wireless, make sure to have joystick.Xbox.360.Wireless.Controller.xml file in \keymap directory.
wireless...... thanks for the quick response i installed the driver for the controller. synched the controller. downloaded the xml file and dropped it in my keymap directory but when i start xbmc i dont get response from xbmc when i try to use the controller. have i missed something obvious?
I'm running into issues with the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. I've put the provided .xml into the keymaps folder but the controller does not respond properly. I've renamed the device in the .xml file to try and remedy the situation (per instruction in the .xml) but to no avail. I've also tried multiple versions of the file.

I can use the A, B, X, Y buttons, but both sticks and dpad are unresponsive. Any ideas?
djneal Wrote:wireless...... thanks for the quick response i installed the driver for the controller. synched the controller. downloaded the xml file and dropped it in my keymap directory but when i start xbmc i dont get response from xbmc when i try to use the controller. have i missed something obvious?

You mentioned that the controller works under Windows 7. Are you using any software to enable this, e.g. Joy2Mouse, etc? These will compete with the keymap functions. My controller does not function in Windows (e.g. move the mouse, etc.) but works fine in XBMC. Check your log file and make sure you have the right controller string in the *.xml file you are using. Should see something like below in the log file. If you do see this it means at a minimum XBMC does see your controller. The issue then lies with the *.xml file.

----------------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: Enabled Joystick: XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)
NOTICE: Details: Total Axis: 5 Total Hats: 1 Total Buttons: 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thanks vadar007 got it fixed had to change the name of the remote inside the xml file. to match the name of the controller name in control panel.

rock on brother
vadar007 Wrote:Got my HTPC up and running and XBMC installed. I have the Wireless Xbox 360 controller for windows. Went with the keymap.xml provided on this thread. I have two gotchas:

1) When strating a DVD from an *.ifo file, I go to the DVD menu. At this point I cannot select the "Play Movie" selection from the menu. In fact I can't select any of the DVD menu options. Anyone know how to fix this?

Indeed, I've got the same problem; I'm unable to navigate through the DVD-menus with this keymap. I need to hook up a keyboard to my HTPC any time I want to see a DVD movie.

Did you come up with a solution?
Hi All.

I don't know if this will be of any use to anyone, but I've tweaked the Keymap I found - specifically in the video playback 'FullscreenVideo' to help when playing back DVD content.

The change I made is as follows:

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <joystick name="Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows)">
      <button id="1">Pause</button>
      <button id="2">Stop</button>
      <button id="3">Select</button>
      <button id="4">CodecInfo</button>
      <button id="5">BigStepBack</button>
      <button id="6">BigStepForward</button>
      <button id="7">Stop</button>
      <button id="8">OSD</button>
      <axis limit="+1" id="3">StepForward</axis>
      <axis limit="-1" id="3">StepBack</axis>
      <hat id="1" position="up">Up</hat>
      <hat id="1" position="right">Right</hat>
      <hat id="1" position="down">Down</hat>
      <hat id="1" position="left">Left</hat>
      <axis limit="-1" id="4">VolumeUp</axis>
      <axis limit="+1" id="4">VolumeDown</axis>
      <axis limit="-1" id="5">AnalogSeekBack</axis>
      <axis limit="+1" id="5">AnalogSeekForward</axis>
    </joystick>
  </FullscreenVideo>

Essentially I've made is so that when using an XBOX 360 controller in video-mode:

Right / Left triggers = Step Forward / Back
Right / Left Bumpers = Big Step Forward / Back
A = Pause
B = Stop/Back
X = Select (useful for DVDs)
Y = Codec info - I removed aspect ratio, as I rarely use this and it's available in the video pane under OSD anyway.

Start = OSD
Back = Stop/Back

The D-Pad can now be used for navigating DVDs.

Initially I wanted to assign the left analogue stick to navigating DVD's but the recall time on the action is too short and the menu's jump about in a really erratic way.

Anyway - if this is any use to anyone, please find attached the XML file I'm using: http://www.mediafire.com/?ox963avbz083owc

If anyone can suggest any improvements to the above, please feel free to respond to this thread, or PM me.
Using your .xml I cannot use any of the dvd menus, I can't navigate anything. I tried all the keys I just end up switching thru xbmx OSD instead.

is there a option in xbmc to set dvd play in fullscreen I am missing?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Keymap0