Missing Files
So I've looked for this and cant find anything which helps.

1) In XBMC, it states I have 298 movies, but in windows I have 329 movies. I know its missing some of them due to the way they are named.

My HD:
Dodgeball [2004]

Moviedb:
"Dodgeball the underdog story" or some such.

XBMC ignores this file without a single warning.

Is there a way for XBMC to show a popup with a manual entry on files it cannot find on a scrapper?

2) Also for some reason after updating to the latest svn of xbmc and alaska, when I enter Movies, i'm presented with a list of my movies (that part is fine). But when I hit back (backspace set on my remote), I'm presented with a list of items like "Genre, Actors, Title, etc", and then click back again i'm at the videos list view, which shows "TvShows, Movies, Videos, etc" in list mode. Clicking once more brings me back to the home screen (where i should have been on the first click).

Is there a reason for this? And I hope its just a settings i'm missing in xbmc.
MrLobster Wrote:So I've looked for this and cant find anything which helps.

1) In XBMC, it states I have 298 movies, but in windows I have 329 movies. I know its missing some of them due to the way they are named.

My HD:
Dodgeball [2004]

Moviedb:
"Dodgeball the underdog story" or some such.

XBMC ignores this file without a single warning.

Is there a way for XBMC to show a popup with a manual entry on files it cannot find on a scrapper?

2) Also for some reason after updating to the latest svn of xbmc and alaska, when I enter Movies, i'm presented with a list of my movies (that part is fine). But when I hit back (backspace set on my remote), I'm presented with a list of items like "Genre, Actors, Title, etc", and then click back again i'm at the videos list view, which shows "TvShows, Movies, Videos, etc" in list mode. Clicking once more brings me back to the home screen (where i should have been on the first click).

Is there a reason for this? And I hope its just a settings i'm missing in xbmc.

1 - Not that I'm aware of, if you require more control over your movies/TV shows you might want to consider using one of the 3rd party media scrapers available from the 'Supplemental Tools Section'. They are less strict in their naming conventions than xbmc which looks for an exact match to themoviedb. That said I just made up a 'dummy'file with Dodgeball (2004) as its title and xbmc correctly scraped the title - Just noticed that your parenthisis for the year are square brackets [], try changing them to 'normal brackets (). I'm sure I read somewhere that xbmc ignores anything within square brackets.

2 Make sure you are in 'library' mode, though I have seen this occasionally in the past. Don't know what causes the behaviour, but usually closing down xbmc and restarting resolves the issue.
1) Using () rather than [] seems to work, that looks like an afternoon renaming files...

2) The only way to change to library mode is through the music screen. Seems a bit odd it affects other screens...
MrLobster Wrote:1) Using () rather than [] seems to work, that looks like an afternoon renaming files...

2) The only way to change to library mode is through the music screen. Seems a bit odd it affects other screens...

Glad it worked.

You can change to library mode from any of the sections - Movies, TV Shows. Dependant on view when you enter either section - a left or up arrow press on your remote will bring up a context menu on the left hand side of the screen - 3rd entry down 'library' make sure the radio button is checked - otherwise you are in file mode.
Spoke too soon, it worked with the music section but nothing else.

and I found out why it does this, its when i select either #2 or #3 option in the home style section. #1 works as it should do, how easy would it be to re do the skin part of #2 #3 to work like #1?
What didn't work - the scrape (after re-name) or the change to library from the sections other than music?

What skin are you using?
The renames worked.

I'm using the latest alaska skin.

When using the Home Style 1 the menus act as normal, going into movies then back to the home menu.

But when using Style #2 and #3, they go back to the "Genre,Title,Actors" list when leaving the movies/tvshow screen.

EDIT: Perhaps this is now a skin problem and I will ask in the alaska section.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Files0