• 147(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Hi guys! I've followed the youtube video tutorial to install Rom Collection Browser but I always getting a script error. I've tried to unsintall it, I removed the scripts folder and the service folder. I've tried to install it again, same error. Is there other file should I need to delete before reinstalling? I'm on Win7 x64 XBMC Eden and this is the log file:
Quote:14:07:48 T:4208 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
14:07:48 T:4208 ERROR: Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 41-42: ordinal not in range(128)
14:07:48 T:4208 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py", line 57, in <module>
import gui
File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1822, in <module>
main()
File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1818, in main
ui = UIGameDB("script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml", util.getAddonInstallPath(), skin, "720p")
File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 189, in __init__
statusOk, errorMsg = self.config.readXml()
File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\config.py", line 229, in readXml
romCollections, errorMsg = self.readRomCollections(tree)
File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\config.py", line 288, in readRomCollections
Logutil.log('Rom path: ' +str(romPathRow.text), util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 41-42: ordinal not in range(128)
14:07:48 T:4648 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser

Thank's in advance and sorry for my bad english.

EDIT:

Just found the solution. My XBMC is in french and my Emulator folder was called "Émulateur". I changed it to Emulator and now it's working.
Thanks Elviguiero, My next problem is that it stopped adding the games at T. Now if I run the "import games" option again, I get the "first 10 games could not be imported" error. I assume this is because they are already done? So is there a way to add more games after the first add?
onedummy Wrote:Hello.. I'm having audio issues running this program. I can load SNES roms using ZNES and the run fine without the support of audio. I'm using a Zotac ZBOXHD-ID11-U and running XBMCbuntu v 11.0. I have audio working fine during video and music playback but no audio when running ZNES. Any suggestions or diection would be greatly appreciated.
Did you check the sound menu in znes? I think you can enable/disable/configure sound options there. Otherwise I can't help you. You will have to check in ZNES forums or manuals, sorry.

Zipper Wrote:EDIT:
Just found the solution. My XBMC is in french and my Emulator folder was called "Émulateur". I changed it to Emulator and now it's working.
Glad that you got it. This issue is still on my list to be fixed but it was not easy with previous versions of XBMC and the python implementation. I will check if it is possible with current version.

tommymsw Wrote:Thanks Elviguiero, My next problem is that it stopped adding the games at T. Now if I run the "import games" option again, I get the "first 10 games could not be imported" error. I assume this is because they are already done? So is there a way to add more games after the first add?
No, if these games are already imported, RCB should not try to get them again. And if so, it should not result in an error. Can you show me a log file after you tried to import the games? Maybe I can see whats wrong.
I seem to be having an exceptionally hard time getting UAE to launch roms. I have them all in zip files, but can't seem to convince the rom collection browser to pass the zip file over to UAE in a fashion that will allow it to be launched. I haven't really found any documentation on the parameter lists or howto go about getting UAE to function in regards to clicking a selected game and having it launch. Could you please provide insight. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
hello, I was hopping that i could get some help. I am having no issues adding a rom collection but i was wondering if i am able to have the roms launch directly. currently when i select the rom i would like to play it loads to the emulator but i then have to browse to the rom i am trying to play. I would like it to just launch directly into the game if possible. thanks in advance. great program btw.
Well, I've been able to make progress on the launching after removing uae and e-uae, re-installing e-uae, and setting the following emulatorParams:
-s use_gui=no -s gfx_fullscreen_amiga=yes -s floppy0=%ROM%

That being said, I do have a new issue to address, and that is, for games that have multiple disks/roms, how do I set the config file up to automatically flip to the next rom in the set? If that isn't possible, is there a hotkey to allow for the changing of disks/roms (of course, the earlier is preferred over the later).
cgethycx Wrote:hello, I was hopping that i could get some help. I am having no issues adding a rom collection but i was wondering if i am able to have the roms launch directly. currently when i select the rom i would like to play it loads to the emulator but i then have to browse to the rom i am trying to play. I would like it to just launch directly into the game if possible. thanks in advance. great program btw.
Yes, thats the way it works usually. You need to add "%ROM%" as parameter to link the emulator to the rom file that you want to load. Just show us your xbmc.log if you don't get it to work.

relder251 Wrote:Well, I've been able to make progress on the launching after removing uae and e-uae, re-installing e-uae, and setting the following emulatorParams:
-s use_gui=no -s gfx_fullscreen_amiga=yes -s floppy0=%ROM%

That being said, I do have a new issue to address, and that is, for games that have multiple disks/roms, how do I set the config file up to automatically flip to the next rom in the set? If that isn't possible, is there a hotkey to allow for the changing of disks/roms (of course, the earlier is preferred over the later).
To get multi disk support with uae you need to use a syntax like this:
Code:
{-%I% "%ROM%"}

See detailed explanation of the params here: link
thanks malte. i realized after going through my settings that i put "%ROMS%" instead of "%ROM%". and everything appears to be working as it should. Smile
Anyone have any idea how to start SNES9x full screen? It always has the window around it when I start it up. I'm searching for the command line parameters but haven't found anything about starting fully maximized (i.e. no window)

Running Eden, 7 x64 pro
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
Fractal Design Node 605 (looks amazing)
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
2x80GB Intel 320 SSD, 4TB NAS
GTX 670x2 SLI, 16GB GSkill Ares
Onkyo RC360 with Paradigm piece-by-piece 5.1 build
Nyxboard and AHK full controlled via XBox Controller
Nevermind. I just needed to edit the .conf file:

Fullscreen:Enabled = TRUE
Fullscreen:Width = 1280
Fullscreen:Height = 720
FullscreenBig Grinepth = 32
Fullscreen:RefreshRate = 60
FullscreenBig GrinoubleBuffered = TRUE
Fullscreen:EmulateFullscreen = TRUE # true makes snes9x create a window that spans the entire screen when going fullscreen
HideMenu = TRUE # true to auto-hide the menu bar on startup.
Vsync = TRUE # true to enable Vsync
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
Fractal Design Node 605 (looks amazing)
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
2x80GB Intel 320 SSD, 4TB NAS
GTX 670x2 SLI, 16GB GSkill Ares
Onkyo RC360 with Paradigm piece-by-piece 5.1 build
Nyxboard and AHK full controlled via XBox Controller
SOMEONE, please help. I finally got all the emulators and roms loaded and working, of course it was all simple mistakes i was making, However, for the life of me i cannot figure out how to use rcb to launch pc games the right way. someone please help me out as i am at wits end and am so close to having my perfect system. Here's what i currently have.

One folder on desktop for roms divided by console (one for pc games)

Individual folders for each game

Don't know what to put in here. I tried a shortcut to the exe using "*.ink" extension. also tried moving everything from the programs folder to the games folder and using "*.exe"-----no dice.

The only thing that gets them to show up in the rom library is if i put a copy of the iso in the folder which in turn causes damien tools to mount it and play. and use the "*iso"mask. This takes up a lot of storage space however.

what am i missing has to be a better way. Someone please help. Thanks.
And great program by the way.
Adding Windows games should be quite easy:

- create a folder with shortcuts to your standalone games (e.g. lnk-files)
- use "Windows" as System
- select the path to your shortcuts, the file mask (e.g. *.lnk) and the folder to store the artwork
- thats all (RCB will just use "%ROM%" as emu cmd and leaves the emu params blank and directly launches the lnk file)
AS stated.... it was an error between the chair and keyboard! (me) i was trying to use .ink instead of Lnk. working fine now. Thanks without your response i had considered the process at a stand still! Thanks
I'm having some problems with JNES. Whenever I try to exit a game using Alt+F4, it hangs XBMC, forcing me to kill it with task manager. Looking in the logs offers no errors/warning as to the cause. This only happens with JNES and NOT SNES9X or Dolphin. I'm Eden 11.0 release, and the XBMC Repo version of RCB. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on how to address this problem?
(2012-04-21, 08:05)deh2k7 Wrote: I'm having some problems with JNES. Whenever I try to exit a game using Alt+F4, it hangs XBMC, forcing me to kill it with task manager. Looking in the logs offers no errors/warning as to the cause. This only happens with JNES and SNES9X or Dolphin. I'm Eden 11.0 release, and the XBMC Repo version of RCB. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on how to address this problem?
I have same problem here on Win 7 64. It happened with WinUAE and FCEUX but I guess it is not dependent to the emulator. Only way around this with current release is to use solo mode. I will see if I can do anything against it from the coding side. I wanted to change the command that RCB uses to invoke emulators one day. Maybe this will also solve this problem.
  • 147(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20