• 199(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2013-01-06, 15:18)malte Wrote:
atgm Wrote:It doesn't give the focus to xbmc. If I start a game, it goes to desktop and starts the emu. Then when I close the emu, it just sits at the desktop.
You could try to change the "Use fullscreen window" option in XBMC Settings (Settings -> System -> Video output) and see if this changes anything.

Switched to "Use fullscreen window" and focus changes work fine now... but being in full-screen mode slows down XBMC (browsing ROMS, browsing movies) and also makes 1080p playback a bit jerky. I'm using a Zotac AD10 with 4 GB RAM and Windows 7.

Whoops, I completely missed the part where 1.1.2 came out! My comments were for 1.1.1.

What's the process for upgrading on Windows? Sorry, I'm completely new to this.
tardoman Wrote:I'm running Frodo RC3 on Windows 7 with RCB 1.1.2, and I've run into a small quirk it would seem using solo mode with Aeon Nox. I'm using solo mode to launch some PC games, and it seems to work for the most part.
Thanks for reporting. I will check this.

atgm Wrote:Whoops, I completely missed the part where 1.1.2 came out! My comments were for 1.1.1.

What's the process for upgrading on Windows? Sorry, I'm completely new to this.
Just download the zip file and do an "install from zip file" in XBMC. The addon itself and the userdata are strictly separated in XBMC, so you won't loose any settings.
(2013-01-09, 11:52)malte Wrote: Can you show me the log after you launched a game?

Here's the log, sorry it took so long.

Code:
20:14:51 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showGameInfo
20:14:51 T:1388   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: Control::XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Control::setLabel(...)
20:14:52 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showGameInfo
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin launchEmu
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launching game with id: 201
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin launcher.launchEmu
20:14:53 T:1388   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: Control::XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Control::setLabel(...)
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: files for current game: [(u'C:\\Spel\\Snes9x Win32\\Roms\\Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (U) [!].sfc',)]
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launcher.buildCmd
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: emuCommandLine: C:\Spel\Snes9x Win32\snes9x-x64.exe
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: preCmdLine:
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: postCmdLine:
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Getting Multiple Disc Parameter
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: emuParams: "%ROM%"
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: rom: C:\Spel\Snes9x Win32\Roms\Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (U) [!].sfc
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: No precmd created.
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: No postcmd created.
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: cmd: call "C:\Spel\Snes9x Win32\snes9x-x64.exe" "C:\Spel\Snes9x Win32\Roms\Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (U) [!].sfc"
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: precmd: call
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: postcmd: call
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launchEmu on non-xbox
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: screenMode: 1920x1080 @ 60.00 - Full Screen
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Toggle to Windowed mode
20:14:53 T:1388   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::XBMCAddon::xbmc::executehttpapi(...)
20:14:53 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launch emu
20:14:54 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 7
20:14:58 T:1484  NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Enabled Joystick: Nintendo RVL-CNT-01
20:14:58 T:1484  NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Total Axis: 0 Total Hats: 0 Total Buttons: 0
20:15:54 T:4420  NOTICE: ES: Client  from 192.168.1.140 timed out
20:16:04 T:3076  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
20:21:34 T:1388  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:21:34 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launch emu done
20:21:35 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Toggle to Full Screen mode
20:21:35 T:1388   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::XBMCAddon::xbmc::executehttpapi(...)
20:21:35 T:1388   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: Control::XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Control::setLabel(...)
20:21:35 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End launcher.launchEmu
20:21:35 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End launchEmu
20:21:41 T:1388  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 107
20:21:41 T:2484  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
20:21:41 T:1388  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:21:41 T:2360  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true

I've tested it some more and the toggle back to fullscreen sometimes works the first time, after that it just stays in windowed mode.

It would certianly look a lot better if it didn't toggle at all, like in Eden.

Btw: I get this in my log all the time, any idea?

Code:
20:14:51 T:1388   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: Control::XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Control::setLabel(...)

Another thing, I've had quite a few hangs while browsing around in RCB, I don't know if it's related to RCB or if another skin/addon or just simply XBMC is to blame, here's the debug log anyway, maybe you can tell if I should post it somewhere else? Smile

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27595

Thanks malte, cheers!
e2zippo Wrote:Here's the log, sorry it took so long.
I've tested it some more and the toggle back to fullscreen sometimes works the first time, after that it just stays in windowed mode.
Looks good from the log. I will test some more here and see if I can reproduce this somehow.

e2zippo Wrote:It would certianly look a lot better if it didn't toggle at all, like in Eden.
Yes, but I guess this is not possible anymore. Don't know what has changed in Frodo that it happens this way... I will investigate some more in the next weeks to get launching more flawlessly.

e2zippo Wrote:Btw: I get this in my log all the time, any idea?
Yes, that is what caused the errors in Aeon Nox when showing the game list in 1.1.1. Not sure what has changed but there are two controls with the same Id in Aeon Nox. So, RCB tries to set a label on a non-label control. Not nice, but nothing bad...

e2zippo Wrote:Another thing, I've had quite a few hangs while browsing around in RCB, I don't know if it's related to RCB or if another skin/addon or just simply XBMC is to blame, here's the debug log anyway, maybe you can tell if I should post it somewhere else?
So, the end of the log is when XBMC crashes? I don't think that it is RCB causing this issue. The last action in RCB was logged at 20:34:44. The crash happens at 20:35:17. But I am not sure if I read this correctly.

malte Wrote:Yes, but I guess this is not possible anymore. Don't know what has changed in Frodo that it happens this way... I will investigate some more in the next weeks to get launching more flawlessly.
Alright!
malte Wrote:Yes, that is what caused the errors in Aeon Nox when showing the game list in 1.1.1. Not sure what has changed but there are two controls with the same Id in Aeon Nox. So, RCB tries to set a label on a non-label control. Not nice, but nothing bad...
So it's not causing any errors now and can be ignored?
malte Wrote:So, the end of the log is when XBMC crashes? I don't think that it is RCB causing this issue. The last action in RCB was logged at 20:34:44. The crash happens at 20:35:17. But I am not sure if I read this correctly.

Yep, it crasched at the end of the log, I'll post it in windows general as well.

Cheers!
Hey malte!

I'm back again with yet another question Wink

I'm replacing some of the fanart that got downloaded during the import, but I can't get the new fanart to show.

I've tried to import the games again with local artwork scraper, but it still doesn't change. I tried rescraping a specific game as well but results were the same.

Any ideas?
e2zippo Wrote:So it's not causing any errors now and can be ignored?
Yes.

e2zippo Wrote:I'm replacing some of the fanart that got downloaded during the import, but I can't get the new fanart to show.

I've tried to import the games again with local artwork scraper, but it still doesn't change. I tried rescraping a specific game as well but results were the same.

Any ideas?
If you just replace the fanart and the files have the same name then you don't have to rescrape anything. But XBMC cashes all thumbs in separate folders and database. So you have to wait some days until XBMC refreshes its thumbs cache or you have to delete XBMCs thumbs and/or database (not recommended).
FYI: I just sent a pull request to get the current release into the official repos (Eden/Frodo). For me everything is working as it should in current release and it fixes several more annoying issues that are still present in current repo version. Of course I will continue to sort out the things that have been discussed here lately.

Frodo users will notice a version bump to 2.0.0. This is needed to get the new version into the Frodo repo. Besides that it is the exact same version as 1.1.2. It may take some days until the new release will be available via repo.
Hello guys..

short question, i sort my rom collection and add the missing covers by hand (was very painfull xD), but now i have all the files (covers, infos, screenshots ect) on my NAS system and i want to add the rom collection on my second PC. If i add the rom collection with existing covers he ask for the PARSE FILE .. what is the parse file? If i cancel this request he goes back to main menu with config.xml error..

Where can i find this parse file? or what is this parse file? ..
hi malte... whenever i try to add a collection.. and adding an emulator and roms.. theres only two sources list... my cd-rom disk and some random video folder.. no way to navigate to any room file system or anything... any ideas why the normal file browser section doesn't come up.. i cant navigate to any folders when only two sources are listed.
Jonny0r Wrote:short question, i sort my rom collection and add the missing covers by hand (was very painfull xD), but now i have all the files (covers, infos, screenshots ect) on my NAS system and i want to add the rom collection on my second PC. If i add the rom collection with existing covers he ask for the PARSE FILE .. what is the parse file? If i cancel this request he goes back to main menu with config.xml error..

I guess you mean the parse instruction. This file would be needed if you use any offline game descriptions that are not nfo-files. See here for more info about this. What format are your infos that you have laying around on you NAS?

gman3042 Wrote:whenever i try to add a collection.. and adding an emulator and roms.. theres only two sources list... my cd-rom disk and some random video folder.. no way to navigate to any room file system or anything... any ideas why the normal file browser section doesn't come up.. i cant navigate to any folders when only two sources are listed.
You need to add the paths to your emulators and roms (or to your drives in general) via XBMC file manager first.
First I want to thank malte for your work. This is exactly what I was looking for. Previously used Hyperspin, but it did not have that cohesive feel that RCB brings to XBMC. Great job!!

I do not know if this is a frodo RC3 or RCB error, but when I launch an emulator while xbmc is in full screen mode, the emulator is impossible to shut down and restarts itself, even if I kill it via task manager. I also here a constant, reptitive ticking in the background from xbmc, which i assume is it trying to start the emulator over and over again. This never stops unless I kill the xbmc process. In window mode, emulators launch and exit correctly.

Anyone else had this issue? I tried searching through the thread, but I must not have been using the correct terminology describing my error.
Hi, I am having an issue with RCB and Mednafen. I am not sure where the issue lies, but here goes:

I have installed Mednafen for emulation, and it works fine when launched from the terminal. When I try to launch it from RCB however, my screen goes dark, my TV says there is no signal, and no amount of keypresses will bring it back, I have to hard reset the box. I have enabled logging, but I am not seeing anything that makes me wonder. I have also tried launching through a script that kills xbmc prior to launching the emulator, but I get the same results.

http://pastebin.com/sx3uP1Ye

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(2013-01-13, 21:09)malte Wrote: [quote=Jonny0r]
short question, i sort my rom collection and add the missing covers by hand (was very painfull xD), but now i have all the files (covers, infos, screenshots ect) on my NAS system and i want to add the rom collection on my second PC. If i add the rom collection with existing covers he ask for the PARSE FILE .. what is the parse file? If i cancel this request he goes back to main menu with config.xml error..

I guess you mean the parse instruction. This file would be needed if you use any offline game descriptions that are not nfo-files. See here for more info about this. What format are your infos that you have laying around on you NAS?

Hello,

thanks for your answer, the infos and pictures on the NAS are from the online scrapper (only done with another PC). so gamename.nfo and gamename.jpg (different folders) i change nothing, thats the online scrapper downloaded content Smile
i'd like to throw a feature request out there-

can you add an option to ignore apple meta data files?

i uploaded roms remotely from my osx box, and it created a bunch of files that got mistaken for roms, confusing the hell out of me and the rom collection browser.
  • 199(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20