• 96(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Usually the mount command should be reliable. But I am no linux expert.

Did you reboot the computer after you have mounted the share or did something else that could cut the connection to your share?
Sorry, that's not the issue, I get freezes with keyboard too.

Just wondering, but do you have an option to not scrape? I'd like to be able to scrape when I want, not all the time, especially since my MAME already has all the pics, art, etc.
It does not matter if you use mouse or keyboard. It is just how often you try to launch RCB at the same time. If you hit enter to start RCB, wait a second and hit Enter again before RCB is loaded then XBMC will freeze. If you hit Enter and wait until RCB is fully loaded XBMC will not freeze.

I don't understand your 2nd question. RCB only scrapes when there is no database available or when you select "Import games" from context menu.
There's probably an easy fix for this but using RCB to launch my emulators, specifically zsnes and mednafen, XBMC is still running in the background and being controlled simultaneously by my joystick. Any suggestions?
Hate to bump this so soon, but Im afraid I'm going to mess something up with my joystick controlling xbmc in the background while I play games. Some kind of script that will kill xbmc while I play then restart it, perhaps?
There is a solo mode available in RCB that will kill XBMC and return to it after playing the games.

There are also some other programs and scripts outside of RCB that could stop the joystick to control XBMC but I don't have any links or descriptions atm.
CarlWinslow Wrote:There's probably an easy fix for this but using RCB to launch my emulators, specifically zsnes and mednafen, XBMC is still running in the background and being controlled simultaneously by my joystick. Any suggestions?

How are you configuring your joystick in XBMC? Through a keymap.xml,or eventghost for example?

This sounds like the behaviour of eventghost, so perhaps using the keymap.xml method will help?
Tomkun Wrote:How are you configuring your joystick in XBMC? Through a keymap.xml,or eventghost for example?

This sounds like the behaviour of eventghost, so perhaps using the keymap.xml method will help?

Since the wired and wireless rumblepad 2 are so similar I just modified the included keymap for that to get my joystick working. I just changed the name from "logitech logitech wireless rumblepad 2" to "logitech logitech rumblepad 2 USB" as per the log file.
malte Wrote:There is a solo mode available in RCB that will kill XBMC and return to it after playing the games.

There are also some other programs and scripts outside of RCB that could stop the joystick to control XBMC but I don't have any links or descriptions atm.

I tried the solo mode, but all that would happen was the screen would go black then return to xbmc, any ideas?
malte Wrote:There is a solo mode available in RCB that will kill XBMC and return to it after playing the games.

malte Wrote:Originally Posted by malte View Post
It does not launch XBMC or it does not launch RCB? If the log that you attached is from xbmc.log then it seems that XBMC is not starting after you close the emulator.

Did you check the command at the end of "applaunch.bat"? You must be able to start XBMC with this command.

What you can try to debug this situation:
1. Open cmd.exe in Windows
2. Launch XBMC from the cmd window (with the command from applaunch.bat)
3. Start RCB and launch the emulator
4. Quit the emulator
--> If there is an error restarting XBMC, you should see the error message in the cmd window.
It seems it doesnt launch XBMC again, in cmd it dont send an error message just the one in the ScreenCap that i attached?

http://img688.imageshack.us/i/soloxbmc.png/

Yesterday i tried to use mame again and it gave me the same problem i used to have malte, i added the -explorer- word after to the applaunch xbmc.exe path and gave me the same error of the added url again, i havent had that problem cause i didnt use the solo mode emulators since like 4 months,,when i manually double click in applaunch.bat xbmc loads and i go back to RCB to the last game i choose without any problems..any ideas?
CarlWinslow Wrote:I tried the solo mode, but all that would happen was the screen would go black then return to xbmc, any ideas?
Can you upload the xbmc.log file after you tried to do this?

DigiTech Wrote:Yesterday i tried to use mame again and it gave me the same problem i used to have malte, i added the -explorer- word after to the applaunch xbmc.exe path and gave me the same error of the added url again, i havent had that problem cause i didnt use the solo mode emulators since like 4 months,,when i manually double click in applaunch.bat xbmc loads and i go back to RCB to the last game i choose without any problems..any ideas?
Strange. Did it work for you with the "explorer hack" before (4 months ago)?
malte Wrote:Can you upload the xbmc.log file after you tried to do this?

Strange. Did it work for you with the "explorer hack" before (4 months ago)?

Yes it used to work with the hack but not anymore, the only thing i remember to change is the RCB version update to the newer one but i am not sure from which version i had that behavior cause i havent used emulators that needed solo mode..it gives me the exact same error, the thing i dont understand at all is that when i double click the applaunch.bat file everything functions ok but when i exit my emulator waiting to go back to RCB it gives me the same error stated before.
Uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I'm getting a new error that it can't read config.xml.

Also, i'm not hitting enter more than once.
DigiTech Wrote:the thing i dont understand at all is that when i double click the applaunch.bat file everything functions ok but when i exit my emulator waiting to go back to RCB it gives me the same error stated before.
The difference is that when RCB tries to use the solo mode it is the same process that kills XBMC and tries to restart XBMC. For some reason XBMC cannot release the log file and gets this access error when XBMC is started from the same process again. When you double click the applaunch.bat it is another process that starts XBMC and it does not get this access error (don't ask me why). This is what we tried as workaround with the "explorer" command (using another process to start XBMC).

I can't remember that I made relevant changes to the game launching part but I will check if there may be anything that could have broken this workaround.

But I am on a trip for two weeks now. So it may take some time until I will be able to check it.

kruuth Wrote:Uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I'm getting a new error that it can't read config.xml.
Can't help without more information. Is there any error message in the log?

kruuth Wrote:Also, i'm not hitting enter more than once.
This was the only way that I could reproduce this problem. Sorry, no more ideas.
malte Wrote:Can you upload the xbmc.log file after you tried to do this?

Not sure why, but when I uninstalled and updated to the newest version solo mode now works.
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20