ATI HD5000 Series & Native DXVA
cotdagoo Wrote:got a 5450 as well (gigabyte build) and having no issues with dxva enabled. win 7 64bit

my apologies, seems the dxva setting was lost on my htpc with the 5450.. and definitely not working.
cotdagoo Wrote:my apologies, seems the dxva setting was lost on my htpc with the 5450.. and definitely not working.

Are you having the same flashing screen issue that I am?

I have my AA settings to application controled so I don't think it's that
HTPC specs:
Samsung 40" ES8000 3DTV, Win8 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i3 530, ATI HD5450, Antec Minuet HTPC Case, 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333, Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3
Lister of Smeg Wrote:Are you having the same flashing screen issue that I am?

I have my AA settings to application controled so I don't think it's that

i'm getting the black screen currently. the audio runs for a little bit then will start looping the last few milliseconds (annoying) until i either reset the computer or manage to close xbmc some other way.

set the AA settings to application controlled as well.

will try and get a debug log posted in the near future.
cotdagoo Wrote:i'm getting the black screen currently. the audio runs for a little bit then will start looping the last few milliseconds (annoying) until i either reset the computer or manage to close xbmc some other way.

set the AA settings to application controlled as well.

will try and get a debug log posted in the near future.

exact same for me
Okay, so I reset all my CCC settings to factory defaults.

With DXVA enabled and not adjusting the refresh rate - debug info on a black screen. audio runs fine but no video. jumping forward/backward works & shows the 'playing' dialog with time/remaining. the info screen is able to pop up fine, as are all of the xbmc menus. able to stop, and return to menu, etc.. debug = http://pastebin.com/WP2YwVwr

With DXVA enabled and adjusting the refresh rate to match video - 100% black screen, no debug info, audio runs for a few seconds then loops a few milliseconds until it eventually stops, screen is black and have to ctrl-alt-delete to kill the process. debug log = http://pastebin.com/LfPGtwvX
Ok, I was getting no video because I was running in "windowed mode" and not true fullscreen. The video output does not work AT ALL in windowed mode.

Once in true fullscreen, I have flickering video. It flashes at a rate of probably around 20-30 frames per second.

I tried all manners of options in CCC, refresh rates, AA, V-Sync, etc. I tried all options in XBMC, syncing refresh to video, v-sync, etc. Sometimes I could manage to get it a "black screen" with nothing at all, but usually just the same flashy video.

The GPU IS taking the load while its flashing, and my CPU useage drops to less than 1%.
Last time I tried DXVA:
- Auto-refresh rate switching was broken
- I didn't have to do anything special with my catalyst drivers
- I could not switch between windowed and fullscreen
- Only movies encoded to within ATI decoding specs (4 or less ref frames, Profile Level 5.1 or less (or something like that)) played back properly

So use media info to check the files you're trying to playback. I don't think you'll find the issue being your graphics card. Oh and make sure you're running true fullscreen and not fullscreen windowed.

If anything, just disable DXVA for now, and enjoy the card for its other qualities (such as full 1.3a audio support).
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
I have updated to ATI Catalyst 10.3 and still having the "flickering" issue. :mad:
HTPC specs:
Samsung 40" ES8000 3DTV, Win8 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i3 530, ATI HD5450, Antec Minuet HTPC Case, 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333, Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3
I have a 5870 and even with dxva off, i still dont get proper playback.
(Living Room)
core i7 HD4000 running MythTV .27 and XBMC 16
on XBMCUbuntu 14.04 with 24Hz, DTS-HDMA 7.1
(Bedroom)
core i3 Intel Nuc MythTV .27(front end) and XBMC 16
on Xubuntu 14.04 with 24Hz,
(Mother-in-Law)
Second Gen Raspberry Pi running OpenElec
Droid Turbo with kodi and live tv!
Can anyone confirm that this "ATI 5000 Series Issue" still exists on the newer custom SVN's like 28923 or 28937?

Thanks
HTPC specs:
Lister of Smeg Wrote:Can anyone confirm that this "ATI 5000 Series Issue" still exists on the newer custom SVN's like 28923 or 28937?

Thanks

Why not download a newer build and try it for yourself? They are available unofficially from here but use with caution http://sshcs.com/xbmc/
I still can't get anything working properly on my 5850.
steelman1991 Wrote:Why not download a newer build and try it for yourself? They are available unofficially from here but use with caution http://sshcs.com/xbmc/

If i install one of these new custom SVNs from http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ , Will that effect my current setup?

i.e. will my libraries and setting all screw up?

I assume the same %AppData% folder is used therefore i would expect to have problems trying to run two different versions on one machine.
HTPC specs:
I doubt you will see any difference using those experimental SVN's.

Any reason you haven't tried DSplayer yet?

The nice thing about DSplayer and your particular video card (HD 5450) is that you can use the FFDshow audio decoder to bitstream the HD audio formats to your home theater.
Mallet21 Wrote:I doubt you will see any difference using those experimental SVN's.

Any reason you haven't tried DSplayer yet?

The nice thing about DSplayer and your particular video card (HD 5450) is that you can use the FFDshow audio decoder to bitstream the HD audio formats to your home theater.

I am using a build with DSPlayer at the moment, but for some reason the video won't play.... I just get a black screen. I attempted to find the problem but i think its FFDshow related and i find that very daunting :o
HTPC specs:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATI HD5000 Series & Native DXVA0