Choppy video when playing bluray from hard drive
I'm using version 9.11-rc1 and I get choppy video when playing bluray with power dvd from hard drive through xbmc. Video plays fine if I just use power dvd direct without going through xbmc. Choppiness doesn't occur when playing HDDVD's or SDDVD's from hard drive. I have closed almost all programs running in background. I have a HP with intel quad processor, windows vista premium and 6 gigs of ram. Choppiness appears in pan and scan scenes only.
I too am having the very same problem on a nearly identical system - hp, quad core intel, windows 7, 4gb ram.
Choppy in same places and on bluray played via hard drive.
Same movie is flawless in windows media player. I have played with any settings that I can find thru xbmc but nothing has helped.

Thanks to all for any assistance. You are not alone.
X3 but not with the same system hardware...

I have this issue aswell but not on all movies only a few and can not figure out why... Hopefully some one can assist us...
You might want to go over XBMC audio output again, and here are some tips- Simplify XBMC configurations......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks that Worked Perfectly for my system..
Quote:Videos Playback-
Intel-
-Disable "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)" and select "Software" as Render method in XBMC system/settings/video/playback

AMD/Nvidia-
-Enable "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)" and select "Auto detect" as Render method in XBMC system/settings/video/playback

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy video when playing bluray from hard drive0