APERTURE Plug-in
The new Aperture is out and it is fantastic!!! Finally offering "faces&places" and now finally replacing iphoto for me.

Is there any way to get a plugin running to have full Aperture support similar to how Plex is supporting it. This would be terrific!!! Thanks for anyone picking this up!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:The new Aperture is out and it is fantastic!!! Finally offering "faces&places" and now finally replacing iphoto for me.

Is there any way to get a plugin running to have full Aperture support similar to how Plex is supporting it. This would be terrific!!! Thanks for anyone picking this up!!!

I also miss this feature! Please someone pick-up Huh
Me too
Hello, author of the iPhoto plugin here.

I too use Aperture, but generally only for editing and housing my masters.

I use iPhoto basically as a photo viewer/cataloger. My workflow is roughly this:

1) Edit photos in Aperture
2) Export versions that I'd like to share/view to iPhoto
3) Add Faces, Places, and Keywords using iPhoto

iPhoto is a whole lot faster than Aperture if all I want to do is view my photos, so this works for me.

I know a lot of you probably want to stay in one program, but doing it this way would give you access to the iPhoto plugin in XBMC.

Just a thought.

If I ever get the time to do so, I'd like to make my iPhoto plugin support Aperture libraries too, but it's actually more work than it seems it should be, so it's not likely to happen anytime soon (at least not by me). I'm certainly willing to accept patches if someone else feels like doing the work Tongue

The code for the plugin is hosted here if anyone would like to give it a go.

-j
http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/view...11&t=11539
perscitus Wrote:http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/view...11&t=11539

Just glancing at it, it doesn't seem to have much (if anything?) to do with XBMC, so no, it doesn't help.

Essentially, the problem isn't that I don't know how to parse Aperture's libraries, it's that Aperture supports multiple libraries and my plugin has been written to only cope with one.

I might get to this some day, but I'm pretty busy these days and it's not exactly high priority for me since I use iPhoto as my "viewing" program and Aperture purely for post processing. I honestly like the separation..

-j

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
APERTURE Plug-in0