Playing Video_TS vob files
I have several hundread dvds ripped to a HP EX485. I use DVDFAB to rip them. The files are all 5 to 8 gigs. They are located in the following folder structure:
\\mediaserver\videos\dvd\(movie name)\Video_TS\

I have the dvd folder added to xbmc on my windows xp home edition pc.
When i click on movies i get a list of all the folders but it wants to play each one of the vob files individually. How can I make it recognize these files as 1 movie.
I have windows 7 ultimate on my other pc and media center plays them great. Is there a library to import?
I'm having this issue also. Did you ever find a solution?

My workaround has been to use File Mode (vs Library Mode) and just right click on the folder and tell it to play.

There is a library mode, but when I go to Library Mode it actually has made a thumbnail for each VOB file. Dark City, for example, has 14 thumbnails showing. I've seen surprisingly little on this problem, so I assume I've done something grossly wrong.

We seem to have our files setup about the same (Movies each in their own folder, uncompressed, VOB files, etc)

Hope we can both find a solution. I'd actually be content with using File Mode, but want to be able to just click on the movie thumb and have it play instead of opening the folder and showing the individual VOBs (just as you mentioned)
OK... apparently my problem is that at some point I decided not to "create seperate VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS" folders when using DVDShrink.

My older movies that I have in a VIDEO_TS folder do not show a thumbnail for each file. My newer movies do create a thumb for each.

So, since you have been ripping your movies into a VIDEO_TS folder, you should be good once you add your files to the library and then select library mode.
One can use DVDecript in IFO mode, Do not split the file in options.: Therefore the whole movie is one big VOB file that you can rename ie. Movie.VOB all my movies are done this way no seperate folders and no IFO files are needed either. takes only a few minute since your not recoding so no lose of quality.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing Video_TS vob files0