Revo 3610 vs 1600
I have looked over the specs and I do know the differences of the 2 for the most part.

What I'm wanting to know is the Graphic's chip is the LE version will this also play 1080p or will there be big problems.

Has anyone else used the 1600 and didn't like what they received so they took it back for the 3610
I'm using 1600, it play 1080p movie without any problem.

Major Payne Wrote:I have looked over the specs and I do know the differences of the 2 for the most part.

What I'm wanting to know is the Graphic's chip is the LE version will this also play 1080p or will there be big problems.

Has anyone else used the 1600 and didn't like what they received so they took it back for the 3610
I have purchased two 1600's.
The ION LE and the ION are the exact same hardware.
The only difference is the driver. The LE is intended to be used with XP, and its driver doesn't allow it to use DX10.

However, if you load Vista or 7 on the 1600, the driver full ION driver can be used. This is what I do. Just Google for ION LE hack.

Even if you don't upgrade to the full ION, you can still play 1080p no problem as long as you don't need DX10 support.

Of course, you get a huge performance boost with the 3610's dual core hyper threaded processor over the 1600's single core hyper threaded. But its not necessary for 1080p video as that is offloaded to the GPU
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revo 3610 vs 16000