Modded Wii+XBMC?
Is it possible to add a modded wii w/attached external hd as a source? How would one go about doing so if possible?
install ftp server that talks with the usb drive on the wii and xbmc should be able to pick it up
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:install ftp server that talks with the usb drive on the wii and xbmc should be able to pick it up

this is very exciting news for those who don't currently have an NAS or its equivalent. Will try this and update,
i've successfully installed an ftp server on my wii, where do i go from here so that it 'talks' to XBMC? Now, I also have an option to run a linux kernel via the wii mod. I feel like this would be the better route to accomplish an 'NAS' type feel for my XBMC setup. Evidently, going the FTP route does not work, as the partioning of the hdd (connected to the wii) will not communicate with XBMC while remaining compatible with a Wii homebrew.

please post your thoughts
check this out .. http://www.wiimc.org .. just released , has ftp support , nice lookin to :]
hicaow Wrote:check this out .. http://www.wiimc.org .. just released , has ftp support , nice lookin to :]

you're a gentleman! Will fiddle with this and post results.
kidprimo. Wrote:you're a gentleman! Will fiddle with this and post results.

Post some pics Smile I havent been able to find any of the latest version.
the Wii MC is rather good, not sure how to stop playback though Smile

Apart from a small set off bugs its a nice and usable player for the wii, most impressed.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
johoja Wrote:Post some pics Smile I havent been able to find any of the latest version.

I'd love too, just show me how. Check out the WiiBrew wiki, they've got all the links you'll need Smile

topfs2 Wrote:the Wii MC is rather good, not sure how to stop playback though Smile

Apart from a small set off bugs its a nice and usable player for the wii, most impressed.

Agreed. Just got it running and its quite a doozy. Unfortunately I can't get xbmc to utilize it as an smb source :confused2:

Any suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modded Wii+XBMC?0