Should i use Windows?
Question 
First of all i apologize for my bad language, but im trying my best. Im new on this forum so this is my first thread.

I've read alot of treads about Zotac Ion and so on, and it seems to me that everybody are using Linux? But why is that? I've installed Windows 7 on mine, but it cant play "True HD". Does that have anything to do with the OS?

This is my media center:
- Zotac ION F N330
- Kingston HyperX 4 GB 800MHz CL5
- Windows 7 Ultimate x64
The current Windows version of XBMC (v9.11) doesn't support hardware acceleration on Windows, but the next version will support it. Try the development build at http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...-trunk.exe. This worked fine for me on a Revo 3600.

JR
I have now downloaded the 28256 version and installed it, but i still can't run the "True HD" movies. Is there more i should do before it works?
you should check your video settings in the settings menu....set rendering to dxva....that should do it....
OR are you talking about Dolby True HD?
redje Wrote:you should check your video settings in the settings menu....set rendering to dxva....that should do it....

Im sorry for sounding like a totalt noob, but how does i do that, i can't seem to find it?

I'm sorry when i say "True HD" i mean a full bluray rip (1080p = most of them 17-25 gb)
Within XBMC go to SYSTEM > VIDEO SETTINGS. Something like that.
Im sorry, but could you be more specific, maybe make a screenshort? Because i'm completely lost. I've looked everywhere in settings, and i can't find it.

(By the way Im really glad for the help Big Grin)
What do you mean by can't do "True HD". You mean it doesn't play at all, you get no picture, no sound? What exactly is the problem you are having.
It doesn't run smooth. I get a fine picture and sound, the problem is that it's lagging or go slow. I can run micro hd perfectly, but when the movies get bigger than 10 gb it lags.
With the hardware i have i think it should be running perfect? Any solutions?
Im sure someone can do a screeshot for you. I wont be a box with xbmc until tomorrow.
DXVA is enabled in the XBMC video playback settings.

System > Video > Playback > Render Method

Image Image Image
Directions and screenshots with the confluence skin, running in XBMC pre-10.5 r28275.

Change the render method to "DXVA". This will only work with compatible graphics cards, and depending on hardware may still not play HD content very well.
My XBMC box with an E2180 2.0GHz, 2gb ram, 8600GTS still does not play 1080p content perfectly with DXVA enabled, it stutters at parts, I will be swapping the CPU out with my file-servers Core 2 Duo 3.0ghz when I get a chance to see if that helps.

Are you playing movies off a local harddrive, or over a network?
drmike,
What types of 1080p files are you having issues with? If they are VC1 encoded then it's because your video card doen't do all VC1 files with hardware acceleration.
The 1080p files I play are h.264/mpeg-4, 6-10GB files.

CPU usage is only 5-10% (so no point trying the other CPU), which indicates DXVA is working fine.

The issue was minor, and the movie was still watchable (just very annoying), it was just a 20-30% frame rate drop and only lasted about 10-15 seconds, I found the cuplrit was in fact just windows being it's usual self and running things I don't want without my permission (which I thought I had disabled), so my previous comment regarding the system not playing 1080p content perfectly should be stricken from the record, as it appears to work fine now.
I'll try as soon as i get home Smile I hope it will work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Should i use Windows?0