I'm not sure that this room is for my thread or no. Admin please fix if it's on the wrong place.
In recent days, I was playing with touch api of mobile safari on iPhone. As it is webkit based, some other webkit based browser that have touch capability may use it, like Android. WebOs is not supported as it does not support for touch base event.
Basic idea is remote XBMC via iPhone/iPod Touch.
There is already some application on iTunes App Store, but having some alternative is not a bad thing. Especially the gesture based remote only available on paid app.
I prefer gesture based for remote, as on touch based devices we lost the feel of physical button, we could not just feel where is the center button, then move finger for arrows, we need to see the devices to tap the right point. With gesture based remote, we does not need to care where we start to touch and were end, just how we move our finger.
- Download the wtouch.zip
- Extract it into XBMC application web folder.
- On linux should be /usr/share/xbmc/web/
- On os x should be /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/web/
- On windows should be c:\Program Files\XBMC\web\
- Open safari on iPhone/iPod Touch, browse to http://(yourip):8080/wtouch/
The last slash (/) as important for images as it used relative path in the html.
- Tap on (+) sign and select Add to Home Screen. This will give the webapp as full screen, no more url bar, no bottom tool bar.
Press the help button on the app for more usage
Any comments and suggestion are welcomed. May need help to fix my english for the help page or any documentation.
Oh BTW, I'm no longer going through SVN these days, So i'm just use XBMC 0911. As XBMC change the Web Server, if things was changed on the httpcommand api, this module may not work too.
Just testing and updating to comply with XBMC 10.5.
And if you are using SVN, there is extra feature that use the new jsonRPC.