[Linux] System Crashing Under Movies Interface
Hey, all. I've read a fewposts regarding similar issues, but haven't found that any of them address my problem. I apologize if the answer is already posted, but I'm only human and may well have missed it.

Now, as for the problem, ever time I go to the Movies interface under Aeon or Aeon Stark, it puts a few images of the coverart up and then crashes to the Ubuntu destkop. This is a recent problem, as this setup had been working fine for months!

I've tried deleting and recreating myvideos34.db with no luck. I've also completely deleted and reinstalled XBMC and all skins. Note that the TV interface works fine, and I can play movies through the Videos section fine as well. But the moment I go into the "Movies" section, it crashes a few seconds later.

I am running Aeon Stark under Ubuntu 9.10, i686 architecture on a Zotac MAG. The XBMC version is Camelot, though I don't know the install method. I'm far too noobish to know. Can't find the SVN, because I can't find a shutdown menu in Aeon. I hope that I have provided the correct info, but if I missed something major, please let me know. The error log is at the pastebin URL below. Any help would be most appreciated!

http://pastebin.com/TjCG34kF

-Jon
So far all I've been able to find seems like it is old and no longer applies. This is making it impossible for me to watch any of my movies. Is there any additional information I can provide that would help generate a response?

I tried reinstalling XBMC, but that didn't do anything. Any help would be most appreciated.
OK, one more note to add. On the advice of an old thread, I turned off "extract thumbnails and video information." I saw this in a thread I can no longer locate, but that thread indicated that this problem was resolved in later versions of Aeon, but was a bit old. Since I just installed Aeon 0.91 (STARK) I'm not sure why I would be having this problem. Also, all of a sudden, Iron Man has no fan art, which I find hard to believe. I'm flummoxed. any ideas would be appreciated.
I'm crap for reading crash logs, but have you tried a different skin? Maybe something in your setup doesn't like the Aeon skins.
cowfodder Wrote:I'm crap for reading crash logs, but have you tried a different skin? Maybe something in your setup doesn't like the Aeon skins.

I've tried different variants of Aeon, but not an entirely different skin. I'll give it a shot. But the funny thing is that it was working fine for months. One day, I added two movies. One of the movie cover art pictures came up pixilated, and that was the end of that.
OK, so back to the default skin. Same issue. If I turn off thumbnail previews, it works fine. Thumbnail previews crash it. I've deleted the movies I recently added and rebuilt the library. Same thing happens. Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] System Crashing Under Movies Interface0