No .xbmc folder on my system?
Hey Everyone,

First post here. I just built a Linux (Ubuntu) HTPC running XBMC...I installed it as the xbmc wiki instructed through the terminal window.
I only have a couple issues so far. One, I do not see, and cannot seem to find, the .xbmc folder where I can add and modify my skins.

I did not yet install the SVN Repo Installer...would this be the problem? If not, what can i do to get the folder?

And my other issue is that when I go inside my TV Shows Library and scan Breaking Bad to get the information....It tells me to enter a title, which I do, but then it just continually prompts me to reenter the name. When I did this with Movies, it worked perfectly...

I'm new to Linux and Ubuntu...so if I sound like a total noob its because I am :-) All help is greatly appreciated.
it's there if you have run the application. ~/.xbmc
A good start point is here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide

If you are still having issues getting content into your library, then you will need to provide a debug log and further details.

As for your .xbmc it will be in your home folder as spiff points out. A word of advice, get your library up and running and become familar with how xbmc works before you start messing around with skins - it will save you lots of potential problems.
the .xbmc folder is in your user folder and it's hidden. Show hidden items is an option in one of the drop down menu's in any folder i.e. file, edit etc

I'm quite new to Linux and therefore can't remember which menu it comes under!
Ok thanks. I will look into the hidden folders menu and find out when I get a chance.
It was indeed hidden. Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No .xbmc folder on my system?0