Is it possible to adjust the Menu 'click' sound volume?
Sox is a command line sound editor; see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SoX

JR
Where else would the sound files for the skin be if they are not in ~/.xbmc?
>>X<<' Wrote:You must be doing something wrong because XBMC's volume has always effected menu sounds for me in every version I've used including the latest

in every version i had it does this too BUT every time after i start xbmc or a moive stopped or any other media playback stopped the menu sounds are very loud again. i have to first increase or decrease volume a bit to get the volume of the menu sounds to the set volume in xbmc.

i mean, the menu sounds seems initialize allways to a default volume. you must first change the volume to update the menu soudns volume.
elitenoobboy Wrote:Where else would the sound files for the skin be if they are not in ~/.xbmc?

I don't have a linux install to hand at the moment, but I think it's /usr/local/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/sounds.

JR
a_user Wrote:in every version i had it does this too BUT every time after i start xbmc or a moive stopped or any other media playback stopped the menu sounds are very loud again. i have to first increase or decrease volume a bit to get the volume of the menu sounds to the set volume in xbmc.

i mean, the menu sounds seems initialize allways to a default volume. you must first change the volume to update the menu soudns volume.

On one of my computers that doesn't even run xbmc, the volume always starts out at 100%, regardless of what it is actually set at. The volume must be adjusted a little before it starts playing at the correct value. I have only ever noticed it on that one computer and now my more recently set up xbmc computer.

I think it is pulse audio that is causing it.
i'm not sure you understood my issue:
it is only the menu sound and effects that starts at 100%. and this not only when i start xbmc. it starts at 100% after everytime menusounds had been deactivated e.g. during a playback of a movie or music.

but the sound setting is remembered. when i only tip the sound volume in either direction the menu sounds are imediatly adjusted to the set volume until the next playback and end of it.

if this is related to pulse i wonder how. in that case xbmc should handle this e.g. by informing pulse about the volume change.

edit: xbmc and only its menu sounds is the only program having this issue. oh and btw i remember once having overgone pulse and using alsa directly with xbmc: same issue. but i'm not sure with the latter.
a_user Wrote:i'm not sure you understood my issue:
it is only the menu sound and effects that starts at 100%. and this not only when i start xbmc. it starts at 100% after everytime menusounds had been deactivated e.g. during a playback of a movie or music.

but the sound setting is remembered. when i only tip the sound volume in either direction the menu sounds are imediatly adjusted to the set volume until the next playback and end of it.

if this is related to pulse i wonder how. in that case xbmc should handle this e.g. by informing pulse about the volume change.

edit: xbmc and only its menu sounds is the only program having this issue. oh and btw i remember once having overgone pulse and using alsa directly with xbmc: same issue. but i'm not sure with the latter.

I have had this same issue in every version I have ever tried.
Marcos Wrote:I'm not understanding what you did there, can you explain that bit?

Sorry, I guess I don't have email notification turned on as I never noticed the reply.

Sox is a command line utility to adjust audio. The first few lines are just making a backup directory and copying the files into them, then running the sox command against each wav file, telling it to decrease the volume of the file.

Just the command line version of the earlier mentioned fix of loading the wavs up in an audio editor to lower the volume.
I have created 2 sound addons — default Kodi GUI sounds lowered by -12 dB and -24 dB.

You can download them from this thread, then install like a normal zip.
If anyone can, please help me publish these soundpacks to the official Kodi.tv repo (see above thread for more info).
(2017-01-16, 12:36)pure.by Wrote: I have created 2 sound addons — default Kodi GUI sounds lowered by -12 dB and -24 dB.

You can download them from this thread, then install like a normal zip.
If anyone can, please help me publish these soundpacks to the official Kodi.tv repo (see above thread for more info).

I guess maybe ronie would be the guy in control of that. Not sure if they would accept mods of resources in the official repo. You might want to post in the add-on development forum and ask.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to adjust the Menu 'click' sound volume?1