• 96(current)
Night Release Thread
mcborzu Wrote:Atleast on git, there is now an option to sort A-Z. The addon repo version it's not in yet....

Thanks, I'll wait for the addon update Big Grin
maybe u need to sort ur movies from a -> z in another skin and then go back to night? never seen z->a as default on night.
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
mcborzu Wrote:You also have:

banner1
banner2

Or we're talking about having those banner views available on File mode?

The banner modes are good, but very flashy and limited view.
Something like this. (I know its not Confluence).

For movies, I think the flashy is great. (personal opinion, I know). I treat the TV section of XMBC like a DVR. I load something, watch it, delete it. And I'd love to see every show, like a channel at a quick glance. Having 8-20 shows at quick glance gives me a chance to browse and see what I want to watch.

Also, since I don't keep many shows after watching, I delete it and the whole entry for the show, so I don't think I have an episode to watch.
zwat Wrote:maybe u need to sort ur movies from a -> z in another skin and then go back to night? never seen z->a as default on night.

Thanks pal, that worked.
GJones Wrote:I have a very (VERY) simple script I wrote to just pull down all the new trailers. It keeps a text file list of the IDs already downloaded and also pulls down thumbnails. I will try to clean it up enough to be maintainable this weekend and post it.

Keep in mind it is a perl/shell script with no GUI. I set a cron job for it and just let it run once a day.

If it can be run on a Windows machine - doesn't need to be GUI. I'd be thrilled just to have something automated. Is it still pulling Apple Trailers? Whenever you get a chance to post. Thanks!
sufreak Wrote:I treat the TV section of XBMC like a DVR. I load something, watch it, delete it. And I'd love to see every show, like a channel at a quick glance. Having 8-20 shows at quick glance gives me a chance to browse and see what I want to watch.

Also, since I don't keep many shows after watching, I delete it and the whole entry for the show, so I don't think I have an episode to watch.

i see your point. i kinda do the same with half my tvshows. some i keep other i watch and delete. could try to make u the logo view with 15+ logos on one page if u want? guess the fanart would be pointless then?
zwat Wrote:i see your point. i kinda do the same with half my tvshows. some i keep other i watch and delete. could try to make u the logo view with 15+ logos on one page if u want? guess the fanart would be pointless then?

That may be even too complex. Maybe just a simple banner view, using the banners XBMC gets from the TVDB. Maybe have a couple size options. The only reasons I'd stem away from the logos is that its another step in the process. Every library update, it would have to run a logo scan somehow. Whereas its just using the tvdb info thats already supported, the work is done.

Just my 0.02...

All else about this skin is PERFECT. Home buttons, favorites, etc. The sleep timer! A godsend.
Awesome skin, great work on this guys.
sufreak Wrote:That may be even too complex. Maybe just a simple banner view, using the banners XBMC gets from the TVDB. Maybe have a couple size options. The only reasons I'd stem away from the logos is that its another step in the process. Every library update, it would have to run a logo scan somehow. Whereas its just using the tvdb info thats already supported, the work is done.

Just my 0.02...

All else about this skin is PERFECT. Home buttons, favorites, etc. The sleep timer! A godsend.

one bad hack that might work is to just try the file from that screenshot skin and get it to work in night.
Honestly, I've had no luck with skinning, being a n00b. So I can't even attempt this.
mcborzu Wrote:Maybe you could cheat and make .nfo's and scan them as Music Videos? You wouldn't want trailers in your Movie Library.

Or simple solution would be to just add the local folder of trailers as a Favorite and then set that on Home but then you wouldn't get the rich metadata...

The AMT Lite addon actually downloads .nfo's along with the cover art (as .tbn's) and adds "-trailer" to the end of all of the filenames,

I'll try your second suggestion. I already have a bunch of Music Videos so don't want to mix them in there.

Right now I've added the local trailer folder as a separate source and selected the option to NOT update the library. So for now, I navigate to that "source" under VIDEOS. The Poster, Wall or Files views are possible - so one of the first 2 works for seeing the covers. But none of the .nfo content shows up? The files are there, same name as the trailers and they have the plot, actors etc in the .nfo. Even if I bring up Movie Information from the context menu - a window pops up saying "No info found".

If I can add that source as any sort of shortcut on the main menu - and get the movie info to show...I'd be a happy camper.

I added TRAILERS (and a Kids Movies) shortcuts to the MAIN Menu - but there's some overlapping going on - is this normal?

I can send you screenshots - how do I post those?
mcborzu, I love the new media flags, but they aren't real visible in the reflection of the movie posters in the poster view. Any chance you could add a black background behind the flags?
kschreiber7 Wrote:mcborzu, I love the new media flags, but they aren't real visible in the reflection of the movie posters in the poster view. Any chance you could add a black background behind the flags?

Yes it needs a black background behind them, I have to re-read some posts cuz maybe kryp2nite or someone else might have beat me to it....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
i vote for remove of the reflection. guess it was introduced with aeon as the bottom was like a floor. however night don't really looks like floor is used so no need for reflection. that is my opinion at least.
puulima Wrote:The AMT Lite addon actually downloads .nfo's along with the cover art (as .tbn's) and adds "-trailer" to the end of all of the filenames,

I'll try your second suggestion. I already have a bunch of Music Videos so don't want to mix them in there.

Right now I've added the local trailer folder as a separate source and selected the option to NOT update the library. So for now, I navigate to that "source" under VIDEOS. The Poster, Wall or Files views are possible - so one of the first 2 works for seeing the covers. But none of the .nfo content shows up? The files are there, same name as the trailers and they have the plot, actors etc in the .nfo. Even if I bring up Movie Information from the context menu - a window pops up saying "No info found".

If I can add that source as any sort of shortcut on the main menu - and get the movie info to show...I'd be a happy camper.

I added TRAILERS (and a Kids Movies) shortcuts to the MAIN Menu - but there's some overlapping going on - is this normal?

I can send you screenshots - how do I post those?

maybe add your trailer folder as a TV show and each trailer is an episode?

thats what people are doing with their home videos

-=Jason=-
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night Release Thread2