DTS decoding and shutdown
Hi all, I'm getting two problems with xbmc on windows xp 32bits:

- My receiver supports only dd 5.1, and it works fine when playing dd 5.1 encoded movies. But when playing dts 5.1 encoded files I got only the background soundsr. In the audio options I didn't check the dts 5.1 passthru box (only the ac3 passthru box). My HT didn't detect a 5.1 signal either (it has a led indicating 5.1 sinal). Playing dts files using Windows media player+ac3filter works fine (I know xbmc doesn't use ac3filter).

- When pressing "end" to shutdown xbmc, it crashes windows. It just freezes.

Any ideas?
help! Tongue
up?
hi, let me try to help you as much as I can...

-you have a receiver/decoder that could not cope with DTS and can only decode Dolby Digital (AC3) right?
-you have not checked "DTS capable receiver" in the XBMC audio options (BE SURE OF THAT!!),
-if you play the same movie through windows media player it works good because it's the ac3 filter who kicks in and do the decode,

am I right?

could you tell us what soundcard you are using? is it a built in or a dedicated DSP?

could you provide a full debug log (pastebin e.g.) while trying to play a DTS movie in XBMC?
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
Hi, thanks for trying to help me!

dondre Wrote:hi, let me try to help you as much as I can...

-you have a receiver/decoder that could not cope with DTS and can only decode Dolby Digital (AC3) right?
-you have not checked "DTS capable receiver" in the XBMC audio options (BE SURE OF THAT!!),
-if you play the same movie through windows media player it works good because it's the ac3 filter who kicks in and do the decode,

am I right?
Yes!

Quote:could you tell us what soundcard you are using? is it a built in or a dedicated DSP?
It's a built in realtek.

Quote:could you provide a full debug log (pastebin e.g.) while trying to play a DTS movie in XBMC?

Here it is http://pastebin.com/g8MMQHCg

Thanks!
Looked at the log. It would seem XBMC is creating a 6-channel analog stream since your receiver can't handle DTS. To confirm, you could enable "Downmix to Stereo" and that should force XBMC to mix a stereo stream of the the movie sound.

I know XBMC has the capabality to mix 5.1 AC3 in recent SVN builds. You might want to try one of those, and tell XBMC that you only have a AC3 capable receiver. It might do the conversion for you (much like AC3Filter does). It works with most of my videos with 5.1 AAC (as long as they are 48KHz sample rate streams).
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
Hi, upgrading to the latest svn fixed the DTS problem. But it still hangs when trying to close it when pressing "END". I'll enable debug to try to find out why.

Thanks for your help!

joshuass Wrote:Looked at the log. It would seem XBMC is creating a 6-channel analog stream since your receiver can't handle DTS. To confirm, you could enable "Downmix to Stereo" and that should force XBMC to mix a stereo stream of the the movie sound.

I know XBMC has the capabality to mix 5.1 AC3 in recent SVN builds. You might want to try one of those, and tell XBMC that you only have a AC3 capable receiver. It might do the conversion for you (much like AC3Filter does). It works with most of my videos with 5.1 AAC (as long as they are 48KHz sample rate streams).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS decoding and shutdown0