Naming help
I have 4 movie files that no matter how I name, I can't get them to be recognized properly. I've tried no spaces, adding the year, etc. If anybody has these movies in their library and have been recognized properly, please tell me how you named them.

1. Sunshine (2007)
Keeps coming up as a movie of the same name from 1999.

2. The Thomas Crown Affair (1999)
Keeps coming up as the original 1968 version.

3. Amélie (2001)
I tried the full french name as well, usually it comes up as something called the Purple Rose of Cairo

4. Les Miserables (1998)
Simply does not recognize as anything.

P.S. Set to retrieve info from themoviedb.org
Any help is appreciated Smile
I use IMDB and they all scrape fine for me. Maybe give them a separate scraper?
I always use IMDB as my scrapper, someone can correct me but I use it because themoviedb doesnt scrap studio or some other field?

Anyways, The Thomas Crown Affair (1999) works fime for me with IMDB as a scrapper...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
If I use IMDB as a scrapper, will I still be able to get the artwork from themoviedb.org?
They should scrape just fine. Make sure you don't have any .nfo files for them in the directory. If they scraped bad once and you either exported your library or used a 3rd party program, XBMC may be using an incorrect .nfo to get it's data.

If you have a .tbn file, make a copy & rename it to .jpg and open it in a viewer to see if it's correct. If it's not, delete the .tbn, if it is, leave as is. Check fanart files similarly.

fanart doesn't ever come from imdb, so that should be fine. If you want to use themoviedb as the artwork source, (IMDB sometimes gives shit cover art), you have several options.

Scrape with themoviedb, export library to separate files, and make a copy of the .tbn files in a separate directory, then delete and re-scrape with IMDB, and copy the tbn files back, overwriting the imdb version.

Use a 3rd party program. I like Media Companion (http://www.billyad2000.com), but there are several that will work. Most of these have better artwork browsers so it's easy to correct the few bad images that come about.

Manual edits. This is easy in cases like yours where you only have a few bad files. Scrape as normal, and make sure the info is correct. Do a Google image search. Example "Sunshine 2007 movie DVD". Find a good quality image of the poster or box art and save it. Rename the file to exactly what the movie name is, but change the extension to .tbn

Example:
The movie is named: "Sunshine (2007).avi"
You found an image of the poster named "123423sq2.jpg"
You rename that jpeg to "Sunshine (2007).tbn" and copy it to the same folder as the movie.

Open XBMC and find the movie. Look at the details and choose a different cover image (the method varies depending on the skin you use). Select "Local Copy" and save it. Some skins don't refresh immediately, so you may want to go back to the home screen and then reload movies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming help0