Playing a TV series from the last unwatched episode
I've been trying to work out how to start playing a TV series from the first unwatched episode, or rather an episode which has not been watched completely. I'm sure this is a really simply thing to do but I've not managed to find the solution.

I first tried hiding watched episodes in library mode & while this removed the episode from being seen in the library playing the series started from the beginning of the 1st episode. Next I tried making a smart playlist but I can't work out what I need to search for (or exclude from) the list to only get the unwatched episodes. Has anyone got some pointers to get me on the right track?

If it makes a difference I'm using the Confluence skin.
Interesting question. I'm not sure playing the earliest unwatched episode is an option when hitting play series. This might have to be a feature request, though I'd probably let a dev answer first.
I'm sorry for bringing this topic back from the dead, but has there been any progress on this ? Mediaportal always allowed me to just press Play on the shows name and it'd start the first unwatched item from that show. I've grown used to it and could really do without having to drill down the folders.
You have the Watchlist script that has been integrated in most skins. It shows the latest non watched episodes of several tvshows
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:You have the Watchlist script that has been integrated in most skins. It shows the latest non watched episodes of several tvshows

You mean the most recently added files ? I found that one, but that wasn't what i meant. Recently added shows different shows every day thanks to sickbeard.

I often "aquire" a couple of seasons from a show that i perhaps haven't heard of yet before or that i haven't watched for a long time. Both those situations give me multiple episodes, some times entire seasons, of unwatched files. What i need is a way play the first item of that show without me having to drill down the list of seasons and episodes for each series.

For instance, i have a just recently started to watch the show "Justified" i have the first 3 seasons on file and watched the first 4 episodes so far. How do i get XBMC to play episode 5 of season 1 without me navigating to season 1, move down the list of episodes to number 5 and then hitting play ?
If you are talking about maybe just doing this for 1 or 2 shows, you could use Smart Playlists to do this and have them as links on your main home screen or a sub menu somewhere.

If you want to do this with many shows....you should check out the plugin PseudoTV. It can do this and much more. It will replicate a cable TV experience for you based on your movies and shows and can do it on a 1 show per channel basis or many shows per channel.

Mark
Nope I mean Watchlist. Recently added i something else.
Might show up in skins as "recommended"

Here's a skin feature list:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Com...n_features

Example:
Show every latest unwatched episode of the last 8 watched tvshows.
I'm currently running the XBMCBuntu Eden Beta 3. I manually update the advancedsettings.xml every time i have to reboot it (somehow it isn't too fond of being suspended more than once).

Because of that i'm also using the Confluence skin, the one that Eden b3 comes with. From that table i'd have to conclude that Watchlist isn't supported by that skin, which is probably why i couldn't find it. I'll try a skin that does support it if i can find one that works with beta3.
Confluence is the default skin so it has been made easy and light to use (few system resources needed).

Every skin in XBMC-repo works with Eden b3.
That list isn't completely up to date
See the skin section of the forum to see what others there are.
Just tried the Aeon Nox skin and it indeed had a recommended section under the Featured menu item. While it does more or less what i asked for (play the next unaired item from a couple of shows it's also missing the point.

I want to go to TV Shows under Videos and highlight (not open) 24 for instance. Then i want to hit play and it plays the next unaired 24 episode. Mediaportal has been doing that for years and it's a very convenient way of starting a new episode.
Iam using Aeon MQ3 and I do this all the time.
check "hide watched" in the side menu und you can just press play on a Show and it plays the next unwatched episode.
You can't have it all. Your point is maybe something what some one else might find utter nonsense

I like (personal opinion) it how it is now and every one has it 's own taste and want as few clicks as possible.
Currently this is the way it is and don't think it's gonna change soon.
TeKo Wrote:Iam using Aeon MQ3 and I do this all the time.
check "hide watched" in the side menu und you can just press play on a Show and it plays the next unwatched episode.

Already found that, but sadly the misses will start freaking out of half the episodes seem to have disappeared for no apparent reason. I do not want to explain why 90% of her favorite shows are suddenly missing haha.
Martijn Wrote:You can't have it all. Your point is maybe something what some one else might find utter nonsense

I like (personal opinion) it how it is now and every one has it 's own taste and want as few clicks as possible.
Currently this is the way it is and don't think it's gonna change soon.

I don't see why it'd have to be an issue. If i press play on a TV Show's title now it just plays the first episode available, regardless of its watched status. That (to me) just doesn't make sense.

In Mediaportal it's a setting you toggle, either it starts the first episode available (most of the time s01e01) or the first unwatched. Such an option would be a great help.
+1

That or I would like it if in Aeon MQ3 it would auto highlight to the first unwatched without having to hide all of my shows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing a TV series from the last unwatched episode0